F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last i heard was July 9 for the 5.4 and around Oct. for the 6.2, Galpin Ford said maybe even June for the 5.4. Anyone hear different dates?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are these dates still on target? of course this would be for the 5.4. I plan on waiting for the 6.2, but the sooner the 5.4 comes out the sooner the 6.2 should arrive at the dealer. I hope.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Are these dates still on target? of course this would be for the 5.4. I plan on waiting for the 6.2, but the sooner the 5.4 comes out the sooner the 6.2 should arrive at the dealer. I hope.
I highly doubt it. I don't even have a VIN yet and if I was going to get it mine in July I would think I would have it by now. I'm guessing August is the soonest the 5.4's will come out. Here's to hoping I'm wrong:smileup:

I wish there was someone "in the know" that could update us where the process is at. Are they still shutting down the 2009 line at whichever factory they are building them at? Maybe getting ready for production already? Down time in between?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been over to the Blue Oval site, but no news there either. The original plan was that production would start mid May and end the end of June for 5.4 production, by this time someone in the know should have been saying that they have seen the trucks rolling off of the production line, but nothing.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I spoke too soon, just read over at Blue Oval that they are building 40 a day, this was posted June 4.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have been over to the Blue Oval site, but no news there either. The original plan was that production would start mid May and end the end of June for 5.4 production, by this time someone in the know should have been saying that they have seen the trucks rolling off of the production line, but nothing.
Heck! Our dealer didn't even know what we were talking about! He was such a clown!:shakehead:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Cool, that is good news. Hopefully I will get a call with a VIN before the end of June.
We all hope that you do. The last time I spoke with Team Ford here in Vegas they were saying Jan or Feb 2010 for the 6.2. I don't know their source for info. After riding in the 5.4 it just makes me even more impatient waiting for the 6.2!!!:box2:

·
Registered
111 Posts
We all hope that you do. The last time I spoke with Team Ford here in Vegas they were saying Jan or Feb 2010 for the 6.2. I don't know their source for info. After riding in the 5.4 it just makes me even more impatient waiting for the 6.2!!!:box2:
So I am guessing you were not impressed with the 5.4 during your ride along

·
Registered
290 Posts
I am curious what he thought too. I read dawg's comment as it was "so good that it makes the wait even harder." I hope it wasn’t really THAT bad! :158:

·
Registered
54 Posts
So I am guessing you were not impressed with the 5.4 during your ride along
I was impressed with the 5.4, Greg Foutz was the driver and stated that the 5.4 was suitable for running the deserts here in NV/CA/AZ. There was not any hesitation when he floored it. And Greg only has two speeds, he is either braking or it is floored, what a ride. I went twice!!! It cornered well in deep sand and on the hard pack. We were doing about 70 over some pretty rough stuff. I have an old 95 Dodge 5.9L (pre-hemi) and it would leave my truck standing looking around!!!! I was very impressed with the 5.4 and I can't wait for the 6.2. but I have to like everyone else. White with graphics rules!!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I was impressed with the 5.4, Greg Foutz was the driver and stated that the 5.4 was suitable for running the deserts here in NV/CA/AZ. There was not any hesitation when he floored it. And Greg only has two speeds, he is either braking or it is floored, what a ride. I went twice!!! It cornered well in deep sand and on the hard pack. We were doing about 70 over some pretty rough stuff. I have an old 95 Dodge 5.9L (pre-hemi) and it would leave my truck standing looking around!!!! I was very impressed with the 5.4 and I can't wait for the 6.2. but I have to like everyone else. White with graphics rules!!!!
My bad, I read your post like you hated the 5.4 and couldn't wait until the 6.2 comes out. White with graphics:smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Did anyone talk about the 6.2 compared to the 5.4? I`m sure that Greg has driven both. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts