F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I've been thinking of changing wheels/tires on my Gen2 and I've had my eye on some 20" wheels. Obviously this changes the profile of the tire giving me less sidewall to absorb bumps, etc. and I'm concerned with how this will affect ride comfort day to day as well as offroad. Has anyone done this and regretted it? I am probably more interested in adjusting the offset of the wheel so it's "just past flush" with the fender flare and I could do that without going to 20", but the 20" look is growing on me.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
5 Posts

I’m looking at the same thing...... I’ve done ALOT of lift, wheels,tires on countless trucks. I’m assuming this is still going to ride and drive amazing! These trucks have the best OE suspension of any truck. Ever. With a 35” or 37” (which 37’s are pictured) still has Considerable sidewall. Think it will still have enough sidewall for the light off roading I would do, not to jack up the wheels. And probably will feel better on the street with slightly less 1970 Impala handling???
I’ll report back soon, after I do this. Think the biggest problem will be the true serious off roaders giving me crap for having 20’s on a raptor. I don’t care for the huge ballon tire look personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts