F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one handy with welder? Nobody sells any good looking roll bars out there! Thinking somthing light, beefy, and functional.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i design and build roll cages for a living. if you are refering to a roll bar like on trucks in the 70s and 80s they really were just for vanity and for putting lights on. as far as function it needs to be welded to the chassis and be closer to you (inside the vehicle) so you can run harnesses and have some overhead protection in the event of a roll over.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
i design and build roll cages for a living. if you are refering to a roll bar like on trucks in the 70s and 80s they really were just for vanity and for putting lights on. as far as function it needs to be welded to the chassis and be closer to you (inside the vehicle) so you can run harnesses and have some overhead protection in the event of a roll over.
not talking about the tin foil joe-dirt roll bars, im talkng about the Raptor R style bars! And ya, looking to weld them to the frame

·
Registered
28 Posts
not talking about the tin foil joe-dirt roll bars, im talkng about the Raptor R style bars! And ya, looking to weld them to the frame

i love your response, i run a custom roll cage business in Illinois, but it is a little far from you, i haven't seen the raptor R cage yet but hopefully soon, if you have pics point me in that direction. as far as your cage work i use to live in Wyoming and i know there are a lack of shops in within the state (you seem to have an abundance of antelope) maybe i will work on a kit that you can have welded in your area, ill start looking into the idea

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Check out the movie Born in Baja, they show how it has to be done. Greg Foutz who built the Raptor R is located in AZ.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you looked at where the rear shocks mount? Looks pretty cheesy. Im thinking the roll bar will have to link up to the shock mounts. It will hlp stiffen up the rear frame. Might be able to hold to my red-neck abuse.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts