F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a good roll up bed cover... If anyone knows much about them let me know... I had the bed sprayed already... Z

·
Registered
290 Posts
I can't speak on different brands since I only have the one, but I can tell you a few things to look out for.

-Ability to adjust tension on the cover (either automatic or manual)

-Width and quality of the velcro used (personally I avoid snap on ones)

-Replacable parts and warranty (mine has lifetime warranty and about every part can be replaced easily)

-latch/lock shut (mine just latches but that's good wnough for me since they could just cut through it anyway)

mechanism to hold it rolled up, and keep it from hitting back of cab (mine has straps with this in mind)

Here is a pic of mine, which is an Agri-Cover Lorado. There is lots of info on the web site.

http://www.agricover.com/index.php/products/category/C11/

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am looking for a good roll up bed cover... If anyone knows much about them let me know... I had the bed sprayed already... Z
Did you have Rhino Liner sprayed in or something else? How do you like it.
I have one on order and am still trying to decide between a bedliner insert or Rhino Liner.

·
Registered
157 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did you have Rhino Liner sprayed in or something else? How do you like it.
I have one on order and am still trying to decide between a bedliner insert or Rhino Liner.
I had Line-X sprayed in the bed. It's very tough and matches the running boards better than the other spray type liners. I don't like the drop in type as they cause rust and wearing off of the paint.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Would like pics of this once its installed. Pics on the website aren't very descriptive...
It is being installed today. I will get some pics of it tonight opened and closed.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Cool. Especially interested in: 1) how the side rails attach and how they are in relation to the bed (on top or inside?), and 2) curious about the "box" at the front of the bed -- dimensions, and will it withstand a dirtbike being carried against it? (or can a reinforcement be mounted to it?)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Here are some pics. If you need any other pics let me know.

·
Registered
36 Posts
There are a lot of soft covers out there--- some good and some not so good. My last truck, I had a Truxedo Lo-Pro--very well made cover with good performance and weather seal. Very durable. When I got my current truck, I got an Access Roll-up cover. Nice, but not as well made as the Truxedo roll-up (not as good a seal at front or at tailgate as the Lo-Pro was. They both use velcro, have retainer snaps and tensioners, and have the struts built in to make opening and closing easy.

If I get the Raptor, I will get the Truxedo Deuce ( http://www.truxedo.com/deuce/land.php ) It is a low profile roll-up with all the features of the Lo-Pro, but it also flips open at the front of the truck, making access to stuff at the front easy to get to without rolling the whole cover open. (see the website, and go to youtube and type in Truxedo Deuce for demos)

They aren't cheap, but they are way better (IMHO) than the snap type that have the struts, etc. I've bought my last two at AutoAnything.com. They have a good selection, free shipping, and they throw in a tail-gate sealing kit for free for the Truxedos. They have excellent customer service too-- they mixed up my order last time, but immediately sent out the correct piece and gave me a discount for the aggravation.

I really like the automatic rolling door-style cover, but the beds in these trucks are short to begin with, and I can't afford to lose the 8-10" of space they take up-- wont be able to fit mountain bikes in with gate up!

Just my opinions, but hope this helps.

PS. That Line-X liner looks awesome. I will definitely get that done if I get the Raptor. My Tacoma has a composite bed, so I don't need a liner in the current truck...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks for the pics.
Looks like the rails on the sides aren't too intrusive.
Can you give some insight as to the box at tha front of the bed? Dimensions? How high does it sit on the front wall of the bed?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thanks for the pics.
Can you give some insight as to the box at tha front of the bed? Dimensions? How high does it sit on the front wall of the bed?

let me get some measurements this afternoon and I will get back with you.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thanks for the pics.
This might give you a better idea of what it looks like.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nice, thanks for the extra pic.
Would like to know the dimensions of the box that mounts at the front of the bed. I'm looking to cary my dirtbikes in the bed, have some wheel chocks that I use... need to make sure they don't interfere with that. Would like to go with that cover, just want to make sure it'll work for me.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts