·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just LOVE this excerpt:

Second, costing less than $40K to start and backed by a full factory warranty, the Raptor makes far better economic sense than the agencies’ existing off-road cruisers, vehicles like the Dodge Ram Power Wagon, which carry a higher base price and require thousands of dollars of warranty-voiding aftermarket modifications to even approach the Raptor’s capability.

Cool stuff. Thanks for the link bjc. Sorry that you STILL don't have a VIN yet. :shakehead:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have worked with some of the San Diego County Sheriffs officers on these purchases. Also with Bureau of Land Management (BLM).

Both came out to inspect our Ford and Dodge Trucks, Chevy Tahoe and Jeep Rubicon (4 doors) to see how our agency had retrofitted each vehicle.

However I believe that some purchasing agents might try and buy a few Raptors to test how much retrofitting they would not have to do since they come so well equipped, at least engine and suspension wise. It would be the cargo or hauling capacity most Law Enforcement worry about.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts