F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is for our entire Raptor build so we look less spammy on the forum while keeping everything in one area for discussions, Thanks everyone for your help thus far as we go we really appreciate it.

Savvy Turtle

Our Raptor is a 2014 Crew Cab anything you want to know feel free to ask and as we go and learn we will help out others that want to know what to do with their Raptors that we first learned with ours...

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone know what goes here, I always here people nickname it a coin holder looks that way when the trim is on, I was wondering if its where the mic goes for the sync all I know is whatever it is, its broke with no cover and only a circuit chip inside it see pic. Thanks

Underneath the driver side of the truck there is a cut cable I have been looking around for the right part number my best guess is it has to do with the parking brake but may be wrong. any help would be appreciated thanks,

In the back I have a set of wires that have their blades on them but are missing their harnesses, and asking if anyone knows what they are used for so I can search for the parts and install them.

Lastly in the back there is a cut wire on the end with no wiring harness or blades, I don't know where it goes but seems to be long enough to fit the back where the rear axle sensor goes, Also does the sensor have a wire or not. thanks,

All help and recommendations are appreciated, I have ran all of the rest of the trucks wires, modules, etc. and whats there are in good working condition and whats not parts have been ordered and will be installed. These few areas are left to do on the truck before I finish up the Interior and also finish up the rear end before doing the truck box and bumper., Then I will switch focus to the suspension, Brakes, and front end bodywork Once at the end of the project I will then make upgrades here and there.

·
Administrator
1,573 Posts
Don't really know what that small compartment is for. Perhaps, it could be used for coins, but isn't really good for that either IMO. Just too small and oddly shaped for any practical value. No mic there on my truck, but I don't have the center screen either. The cut cable is definitely the parking brake cable.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't really know what that small compartment is for. Perhaps, it could be used for coins, but isn't really good for that either IMO. Just too small and oddly shaped for any practical value. No mic there on my truck, but I don't have the center screen either. The cut cable is definitely the parking brake cable.
Thank you for everything, I will look for the parking brake cable for 2014 and order it. as to the little area people nicknamed the coin holder I snaked it out and wrote down the part number: AM64-19C734-A ---- searched it on Google and did not find it yet but the results so far are saying: temp sensor, ac sensor etc. also on the other side of the part it says FoMoCo ABS.
Also thank you for moving my forum discussion for my build I really appreciate it...
I was thinking about the 4 wires with clips and no harnesses on the back and wonder if they are there for extra Aux use.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found it Ford Part: In-Car Temp Sensor - Ford (AM6Z-19C734-C)

I like shopping at Tasca and others as for starters they add real pics to the Ford parts directory as if you ever shopped for ford parts online or in the dealership its all black and white diagrams and part numbers and some of the diagrams dont show the correct part you are looking for. Tasca is good for a reference to find your part if nothing else. but I save with them on most.

anyways, my part looks fine, only one way to find out is to test it once I read up on research and figure out its functions and how to test it to make sure its working. also where the other end of the hose snakes to. one less thing to find.

Does anyone know what goes here, I always here people nickname it a coin holder looks that way when the trim is on, I was wondering if its where the mic goes for the sync all I know is whatever it is, its broke with no cover and only a circuit chip inside it see pic. Thanks
View attachment 28593 View attachment 28594

Underneath the driver side of the truck there is a cut cable I have been looking around for the right part number my best guess is it has to do with the parking brake but may be wrong. any help would be appreciated thanks,

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Difficult for me to tell with the pics, can you point out which wires you are talking about? Or take different pics?
Sure thing the 4 wires with blades are next to the fuel pump driver module:

As to what looks like brake and or fuel lines which I think brakes is next to the 4 wires:

The Axel or Diff. or whatever you call it I am having a brain fart today the sensor is there just trying to find a diagram to see if a wire plugs to it and if so if its that long hanging one above:

Attachments

·
Administrator
1,573 Posts
Ok, pretty sure those 4 bladed wires went to two plug-in connectors (2 wires per connector). On my 2011 Raptor, the wires from those connectors lead to the rear brakes (one each side). My rear diff does not look like yours, but there is a connector on it that has wires attached. I am sure that plastic part you show on your diff goes to a cable (that is no longer there).

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your missing some metal brackets that support the brake lines and wiring cables.
Ok, pretty sure those 4 bladed wires went to two plug-in connectors (2 wires per connector). On my 2011 Raptor, the wires from those connectors lead to the rear brakes (one each side). My rear diff does not look like yours, but there is a connector on it that has wires attached. I am sure that plastic part you show on your diff goes to a cable (that is no longer there).

Thank you, I am also checking the diagrams for the 2014 Raptor to make sure I have the right rear end and the Raptor rear end was not swapped as the rear and front hub assemblies, rotors, brakes, front shocks and coils, knuckles etc. have been swapped out to a normal F-150 if the previous owner did not get busted for insurance fraud with a fake stationary wreck, self stripping and swap outs I think he/she would have tried to buy the Raptor at auction and own it free and clear and put it all back... just my thoughts as that is what the police reports court filings etc. lead me to believe. anyways.

from the entire front end suspension and comp. have been ordered to include the hub assemblies, knuckles, brakes etc. along with the brakes etc., hub assemblies, shocks on the rear. as to the front and rear shocks I have ordered the upgrade fox shox for a little more than fox shox factory oem for the 2014 Raptor

2010-2014 F150 Raptor Fox Front 3.0 Coilover Kit with DSC Adjusters 883-06-046

2010-2014 F150 Raptor Fox Rear Bypass 3.0 Shock Kit w/ Reservoirs & QAB Adjusters 883-09-047

Everything else checks out, fits correctly and match the diagram and parts for the 2014 Raptor, the knuckles, sway bar etc. in that region is obvious that it does not line up or fit correctly. and also wrong part numbers. when I get to this part of the build I have several things to check for on top of the suspension etc. as to the wiring harnesses, specifically the one that has my rear cameras and sensors, that goes into the bumper there supposed to be 4 sensors and a camera somewhere back there. then all of my ABS sensors, and or parking sensors or what not whatever they are called. my impact sensors etc., brake lines, the valve hoses etc. and trace all of that to the source so I know where to connect the parts I buy. I just thought about it but I will upload the spec sheet to my Raptor shortly.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Original numbers matching Raptor verified:
besides the Raptor being a clean title with 62,073 miles I also checked and verified the vin number to be a Genuine Raptor then I checked the engine block on the bottom for the matching vin number, then checked the frame as the vin number is stamped on our frames too well I do not know for all Raptor years but Ford Performance told me where to look on my 2014 Raptor for the frame, engine and also there is a serial number also stamped on the bottom of your engine block to confirm its numbers matching besides your vin stamped.

So all of that I know its a Raptor from the body, Engine, Frame, --- The front end and rear hub assemblies, brakes, knuckles etc. and suspension minus the rear as it has been deleted all came from a F-150 none Raptor and all of you guys know that Raptor Suspension is different from the F-150's and we even have a dedicated section in the Tech manuals for it. only thing left to check is to confirm my rear end to make sure it was built for a Raptor and if not I will buy a Raptor rear end and sell this one.

Then of course the everything in between is like @Black Hawk is pointing out of the stuff he sees and the rest of you see that is missing in between and all is much appreciated. It would take me a lot longer to do this build without all of you wonderful Raptor owners help in spotting where Waldo is lol...

Original Window sticker paid $25.00 to Ford Performance to find and print me the original also bought a Raptor and SVT certificate with a Letter, I did not get charged for the frame or engine check because I did it myself and they walked me through it...

Facebook Photos:

I

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As to the original owners manual I was blessed to find and snag one off of ebay the other day pic below, Now I have everything needed for added value for a custom truck down the road.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
New Raptors 2017 up and also same for F-150's If you look at the new fender rail apron they made it riveted and welded on the outside of the body cab instead of snaking it on the inside through the pockets like all Gen1 Raptors and 2009-2014 F150's are...

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have front and rear lights from my gen 1 along with the oem SVT front and rear floor mats all in great condition, you just pay shipping. I am located in BHC AZ 86442-4414.
Thanks I am good on the lights and mats Appreciate it though, good looking out...

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Por15 Coated on the back ready for the bed to be assembled. thinking about assemblying it last at the end of the build, none the less coating the back has made it easier and cleaner for me to replace the wiring harness with whats missing. also did the rear axle minus the cover as I want to put one of those ford performance covers on it. will hit the leaf spring shackles and other small clips, bolts etc. later on when I upgrade or replace those areas.

acording to the Ford tech manuals and the Raptor manuals 09-14 Ford F150's have 2 kill switches 1 under the drivers dash and one under the hood. and the Raptors have both plus the one integrated into the hood handle latch. Now all F150's with XLT and above are all equiped with the two but may be disabled and not factory programmed but ready if the owner opts for it. Now in my case if you had to do the PATS realearn proceedure with your keys, fobs, outside number board, Immo, etc. then the last step is to relearn and reprogram the kill switches and the remote start antenna which is located above the glove box passenger air bag. that is something else entirely as it was simple for me to pay $75 for a new antenna, two remote start keys with fobs and the wires. in which I paid a locksmith $25 to cut the keys and used my autel device and programmed the new antenna in which i used the wires already installed. the new antenna fixed the bs malfunctions of the old one yet I did not have a latch at the time so ordered one along with the wires etc for the kill switch. note that when you do this your hood is down for the 2nd kill switch and the latch is installed and shut. all in all your Raptor can crank fine and run fine and shut down in 25 seconds does not mean something wrong with the engine. in this instance after everything else done to the Raptor it came down to the 3 kill switches needing their relearn proceedure from ford... FYI the trailer brake also gets relearned during this process dont know why but thats what they programmed into the software...

The Interior is almost complete besides the seats only waiting for the instrument cluster, trailer brake control, the temp thingy we found out that people nicknamed a coin holder, radio, screen, driver airbag, outside mirrors and door speakers, I have the door inserts but only want to install them once as the door knobs are the hardest part of the install and take off if you know what I mean.

I think the most challenging in a none difficult way was to find all the screws, bolts etc for the interior for the door inserts, speakers, radio, dash trim etc. not to mention the lower cover that goes below the radio bezel and above the aux upfitters, I did find out while I was testing everything on the inside without doing it remotely via my autel system that I think my turn signal stick is broken as right in the front by the fuse box you hear the turn signal clicks and when you hit the hazards on the radio bezel it clicks are different then turn it off its normal turn signal clicks, the switch you can turn left turn right and even hold it off and it stops. I think it got damaged when the airbag deployed. anyways its only $35 no worries. so I disconneted the battery. will most likely have to relearn some if not everything I did on the Raptor once the battery is reconnected.

·
Administrator
1,573 Posts
Interior is looking much better, also like the POR15 on the frame. Looks much better. Was hoping you were going to take care of the rust that was on it - looks like you found a way. Also looks like you got the rear diff cable connected. Making progress !!

·
Registered
19 Posts
No worries sir, just trying to pay things forward. your doing a great job on that gen1.
Thanks I am good on the lights and mats Appreciate it though, good looking out...
Interior is looking much better, also like the POR15 on the frame. Looks much better. Was hoping you were going to take care of the rust that was on it - looks like you found a way. Also looks like you got the rear diff cable connected. Making progress !!

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes Sir, will hit the bottom and all of the mid section when the ground dries up from all this rain and flooding then once I finish the front end I will do the whole prime sealer then por15 on it as it will be fresh abrasive metals with fresh welds on them. Yes found the rear diff. cable but need wiring harness also the cable is chewed up. none the less it appears to be a ford thing where if you need one section of the wiring harness does not matter as they make you buy the complete harness. which is no biggie as we do like we did the ignition coil wiring harness just take off what we need or replace it either or.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts