F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will Ford Racing offer some sort of semi manual or rachet shifter for the raptor? I love to flip through the gears. This also seemed to be one of the complaints from some of the reviews I have read.

Anyone else want control what gear your in or are you content with the factory setup?

·
Registered
30 Posts
nice comment u made sire,

indeed desert driving requires shifiting to build momentoms specially in sand dunining & cornering at top speed. 365 torque is an issue as well, this truck needs more around 450 torque.

I spoke to a local tuning shop about seqeuntial gear system....this car has many ECU applications which is difficult to touch. I hope SVT team consider these issues since they are building a sport truck called the Raptor.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think Ford should offer a 5 or 6 speed manual and the automatic should have a manual mode with paddle shifters.
I think that for the type of driving the Raptor was designed, the auto trans was the best choice.
As for paddle shifters, I just got to drive the new SHO Taurus and found them to be a little clumsy to use when turning the wheel. Maybe because I've never used them before. Seemed wierd and awkward.

I would settle for a manual valve body option with real trans control.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not a fan of paddle shifters. The ones I have driven have an extremely slow response time from when you tell the tranny to shift, to when it actually decides to and does. I want instance response.

Manual valve body = excellent idea from Roser. I think Raptor owners would want more control over there vehicle than the regular F150 owner.

Your giving us 2 engine options, give us 2 transmission options ford!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm not a fan of paddle shifters. The ones I have driven have an extremely slow response time from when you tell the tranny to shift, to when it actually decides to and does. I want instance response.

Manual valve body = excellent idea from Roser. I think Raptor owners would want more control over there vehicle than the regular F150 owner.

Your giving us 2 engine options, give us 2 transmission options ford!
:werd:

2 engines, 2 transmissions

·
Registered
129 Posts
My sister has a new Maxima with paddle shifters and they are about as instant as you can get. I really enjoyed them. It was almost as fun as driving a standard manual. The only thing that needed some improvement was the shift firmness when in manual mode. I would prefer it shift like it has a shift kit in it, where the tires would bark when you change gears. I think it would also be cool to have a Transmission Perform button like my 94 Trans Am had, where you could normally have a nice soft shift, and then from the press of a button, you get the head snappin, tire chirpin, shift of a drag car. So, yeah! Give us more control Ford!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I think that for the type of driving the Raptor was designed, the auto trans was the best choice.
As for paddle shifters, I just got to drive the new SHO Taurus and found them to be a little clumsy to use when turning the wheel. Maybe because I've never used them before. Seemed wierd and awkward.
I agree on both counts. I would just prefer more control of the trans. The paddle shifters currently being used aren't much good, unless you're going straight. They need to be like the ones used on Rally cars or Indy cars, where you can have your hands anywhere around the wheel and still make a shift up or down.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I like the idea of an auto stick. I don't want to bump a paddle by accident when I'm flying down a dirt road. My uncle's vet has the paddles, and for on the highway it's fun when you are getting into the corners, but I would still rather it be with the shifter.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My sister has a new Maxima with paddle shifters and they are about as instant as you can get. I really enjoyed them. It was almost as fun as driving a standard manual. The only thing that needed some improvement was the shift firmness when in manual mode. I would prefer it shift like it has a shift kit in it, where the tires would bark when you change gears. I think it would also be cool to have a Transmission Perform button like my 94 Trans Am had, where you could normally have a nice soft shift, and then from the press of a button, you get the head snappin, tire chirpin, shift of a drag car. So, yeah! Give us more control Ford!
Ford have the technology & the experience to make paddle shifting transmission. Ford owned until 2 yrs ago the Astiun martine & land Rover companies. Vanquish S has the technolgy & Lr3 Has manual- auto mode gear shifting.

Ferarri Escudria has the top shifting ration & speed,60 mili second. we are not asking ferrari standerds here, but some transmission shifting mode that will make the raptor a real off road toy,

·
Registered
19 Posts
manualy shifting gears on the 6 speed

I test drove the new superduty with the 6.2 on thursday one interesting thing about them is that you can manually shift the transmisson through all of the gears via a switch on the colem is this possable in the raptor? I dont know where you would look in the computer system to see if it has the same capibilitys i know you would have to add wiring and switches some where.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts