F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the maintenance requirements are on the shocks? How often do the shocks need to be recharged? Do they have a presta valves on them so we can recharge?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I'm not aware of any maintenance involved with them, maybe a current owner could say but, I believe they're supposed to be good to 150k mi..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Typically those shocks should be good for about 100k normal driving miles.

If racing on them, it's a good idea to rebuild with new seals every race.
it's really easy to rebuild these shocks. I've rebuilt my RaceRunner coil-overs about 5 times now, the hardest part is resetting the piston in the reservoir. Although I have heard that Fox's are a little pain in the ass, during disassembly. Snap ring inside, kinda tricky to remove.
You should never have to recharge them, unless you blow a seal in the reservoir, or you take them apart to rebuild them. they should have a normal shraeder valve, like a rims air valve. but they are filled with nitrogen, not air

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Typically those shocks should be good for about 100k normal driving miles.

If racing on them, it's a good idea to rebuild with new seals every race.
it's really easy to rebuild these shocks. I've rebuilt my RaceRunner coil-overs about 5 times now, the hardest part is resetting the piston in the reservoir. Although I have heard that Fox's are a little pain in the ass, during disassembly. Snap ring inside, kinda tricky to remove.
You should never have to recharge them, unless you blow a seal in the reservoir, or you take them apart to rebuild them. they should have a normal shraeder valve, like a rims air valve. but they are filled with nitrogen, not air
Side note....I loooove your Ranger, very well done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts