F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine should arrive in 4 to 5 weeks and yes i ordered it without even driving one (blind love:))...i have a 2000 v6 tacoma. just wondering if anyone might know the answer to my 1 millionth question ha ha.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Mine should arrive in 4 to 5 weeks and yes i ordered it without even driving one (blind love:))...i have a 2000 v6 tacoma. just wondering if anyone might know the answer to my 1 millionth question ha ha.
Get up and go power wise?? Im going to say NO.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I traded in my '07 Tacoma as well so I will give you my two cents.

There is plenty more go in deep sand. Get up and go should increase since you are coming out of a 3.4L and not the 4.0L I had.

Still, I prefer the Raptor over the Taco any day.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Faster???

I had a 2005 Tacoma 4.0. The GVW is 3360 lbs so with the tacoma being that much lighter, the Raptor is in no way faster on the street.
I know because I already made the mistake thinking I was going to have a faster truck. The answer is ..not even close. BUT if you're buying the Raptor hopefully for a whole different reason. If speed you want on the street then go down to the dealership and get your deposit back. If you want off road then stay the course.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
i had a 2008 v6 tacoma 4dr 4x4 and I have driven a Raptor. I say they are about the same. I did not think either was a "power House" but I dont think the tacoma was any faster.

·
Registered
424 Posts
"Not even close"?

Seriously?

Some vehicles make a hell of a lot of noise, but don't really go that fast. The Raptor, well, you're pretty insulated from the whole get up and go thing. I'd bet the difference in speed is nil. By God, this "Raptor is slow" thing is out of hand. It's ridiculous. People just keep on making statements like that when they're the furthest thing from the truth. I'd like to see anything else with 35" tires out run it. Anything. Maybe a big honkin' diesel that's been rubbed on, but put THAT thing offroad at speed and see what happens.

The Raptor is not slow. Anyone who says so is only trying to justify another purchase or justify not putting their bucks down on a new Raptor.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Huck, I fell better.:). I drive like grandpa any how. But that's good info non the less....3 weeks and counting:)

·
Registered
957 Posts
I've done nothing more than put dual exhausts, after-market air cleaners and burn quality synthetic oil in my last 5.4 engines and they're righteous. My only hope is that my ordered Raptor will run as great as my present FX4. Don't worry, Tolbert. I have a feeling you're going to like this reliable work-horse.
Reddog...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts