F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts on how many miles we can expect to get out of these "soft-compound" tires before having to replace them???

·
Registered
77 Posts
It's not like these tires havent been around for a long time. I had a set on a 96 f150 and got 50k out of them with the right amount of air , proper rotations

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
It's not like these tires havent been around for a long time. I had a set on a 96 f150 and got 50k out of them with the right amount of air , proper rotations
He's talking about how the BFG's on the Raptor are specific in that they have a softer compound. BFG A/T yes but, Ford worked with them to develop a tire for the Raptor and what they came up with was the tried and true BFG A/T with a slightly different compound. I've always had great luck with BFG's myself, will continue to use them too, I would think you could see some good mileage out of them......although alot of that depends on your driving habits and how much you put them through. Probably won't be too far off from the "regular" BFG A/T. I do seem to remember seeing somewhere that these were actually cheaper though.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well I stand corrected then, I figured and thought they were just making the "bfg" look more suited for the truck. Didn't know it acctually was softer. I'd like to see a comparision, just to see how much softer they acctually made it.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I don't think it's going to be anything really noticeable to tell ya the truth. Maybe a current owner could give some insight on it, that is, if they've come from a normal set of BFG A/T's.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've always run BFG's myself (both MT and AT). I usually get somewhere around 30 to 40 K out of them with the "standard" compound...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Agreed, 30k-40k would be expected. I know some that have driven BFG ATs up to around 50k but they were a little to low on tread to be a good tire. Still safe, but no longer all that functional off road.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Having had BFG A/T's on several trucks, I can say they are 'good' all around rubber, but not 'great' for everything. They're decent in the snow, but lacking in mud. They don't clear mud from the cleats very well, but they are pretty quiet and ride well. Usable tred life to me with the A/T's was around 30,000. I'm expecting pretty much the same with the Raptor's boots.
Reddog...

·
Registered
138 Posts
He's talking about how the BFG's on the Raptor are specific in that they have a softer compound. BFG A/T yes but, Ford worked with them to develop a tire for the Raptor and what they came up with was the tried and true BFG A/T with a slightly different compound. I've always had great luck with BFG's myself, will continue to use them too, I would think you could see some good mileage out of them......although alot of that depends on your driving habits and how much you put them through. Probably won't be too far off from the "regular" BFG A/T. I do seem to remember seeing somewhere that these were actually cheaper though.

So does that mean the only place to get the same replacement tires is from Ford?
What's the advantage from regular BFG A/Ts?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts