F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a question about tire rotation. It may have been answered elsewhere; if so just point me in the right direction. Ive got the 2011 6.2L. Im on my first tire rotation and thought; since I have a full size spare and what appears to be a same type rim, I will complete a 5 tire rotation instead of a 4tire rotation. minor problems arose. My rims are a powder Grey. The spare for some crazy reason is jet black. also after about 15-20 miles the air sensor showed a sensor fault. I'm guessing no factory sensor and they just through on whatever color rim they had laying around for my spare. now my dilemma: Just rotate 4 tires.
Or paint the rim to match and buy an extra sensor. probably not cost effective. I was thinking it would prolong tire life to rotate 5 tires. didn't realize I would have these issues. what are ya all's recommendations and two cents worth???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ahhh, answered my own question. I found the answer under 8/10 tire rotation. Now Im going to put that ugly black puppy back under the bed.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have heard it's black so that you can distinguish that it's the one with no sensor in it. The trucks that have the black wheels have the gray spare with no sensor. Some guys on here are trading each other and adding the sensor in it. Don't know what the shipping cost is to send it but I think the sensor is $46 roughly. Or just color coat it grey but it's not cheap and add the sensor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts