F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there
I think The Raptor team has to come up with some molded splash guards for the raptor!
there is some serious Splashing going on with the truck's front wheels.. really messes the car up.. let alone the damage to the paint with all the flying debris!...
for the time being i am going to try this idea i have .. . Basically extend the nerfbars all the way to the front mudguards! using some kind of plastic or rubber material.. even aluminum.. what ever works..
if no success and bad looks.. then i will probably try these Vortex guards suggested here!

here is a photo shop pic of the idea.. kind of rough sketch but shows the concept!
Welcome your thoughts!!

Attachments

·
Registered
485 Posts
You definitely have a point there.:158: Seemes like I'm spending a fortune at the car wash these days.:Wow1: I have looked into some solutions myself but have yet to come up with something I like. I agree that a custom molded set of gaurds would be great. None out there so far. Will be looking forward to some more suggestions. Good thread to start some thought processes.:thk:

·
Registered
360 Posts
I was driving down the highway smoking a cigg the other day when a rock shot up from the font left tire and came through the window, which was cracked only 2 inches and just skimmed my head! Could have taken an eye out!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have noticed this too and think Ford should address this. $5.00 worth of plastic would really make a big difference.

·
Banned
1,122 Posts
Have to agree, the snow and dirt buildup on the steps is ridiculous. guess its a sacrifice for the width. Good idea with the photoshop, let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
yup guys.... it is a problem... i don't mind the car getting all muddy a bit .. but scratching the paint ,, no way... and it can happen so easily!
after i posted this thread i went to Pep Boys.... i found these Vortex Mud Guards( suggested here by some of our Raptor dudes... I got the size C... for 36$... i put them on .. and they look real good... they match the hood and nerf bar trim/fitting of the raptor real nicely!!
tomorrow i am headed to Big bear again.. i will report on how they worked... today i came back with the truck covered in splash and mud... so tomorrow we will see the difference!
i will post some pics once the sun is out with the mud guards on... it is too dark now for taking pics!

cheers

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'd do some rally-style mudflaps instead of custom-moulding something. I think it'd suit the truck better anyway!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I'd do some rally-style mudflaps instead of custom-moulding something. I think it'd suit the truck better anyway!
Can you show some examples of the rally type you are talking about?

·
Registered
699 Posts
why don't you just put 4 mud flaps on it ???

·
Banned
414 Posts
Will those Bushwackers fit the Raptor wheel well you think? I see they have the option for 09-10 F150 but nothing specific for Raptor.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Dee Zee makes some mud flaps that are said to fit on a Raptor. Has anyone looked into these??

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have been wondering about this for some time myself. Every time I see a picture of a mud covered Raptor, I notice the area behind the front tires looks like it takes a beating from the mud (or snow, salt, sand, gravel...). It would be the first area to start rusting after a while. I would think simple mud flaps would help here, but I like the idea in the first post also. I would think it's only a matter of time until mud flaps start to trickle in for the Raptor...

·
Registered
802 Posts
The bushwackers I previously posted also are square at the bottom (if that makes sense) and don't hug back down into the body nearly as much, giving much better protection, at least on my supeduty, I don't think they would bolt up to the raptors fenders though.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Can you show some examples of the rally type you are talking about?
Just big mud flaps basically cut from a single sheet. Not molded or anything fancy, just functional and flexible so they get out of the way when needed.

Rally Cars are required to have them - particularly in desert / dakar type rallies.

You might not need to go as big as the ones on that Land Rover - but that's the idea. And IMO regular black would be better unless you're able to find a good match to the vehicle body.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I've been waiting for someone to address this because those front tires really throw up the soup and most of it gets sucked on the doors and side-irons. I don't even think mudflaps are going to help much, I don't. I'm starting to think we'll have too buy those larger size rubber flaps and mount them to pertrude 2 or 3" on the outside of the fender-flares to make'm work. I don't think it'll be pretty, either. The rear poses little problem and regular flaps will work there. I'm not an engineer, but think the 'hour-glass' figure of the Raptor, combined with the width of the tire, is creating some sort of sucking vacume and depositing all that grit on the door area. It's a first for me.
Don't think Bush Wackers are available (YET), but without flaps they won't do either. Hope someone solves this one, it'll save paint.
Reddog...

1 - 20 of 162 Posts