F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody done this yet? Pics? Im thinking about it but not sure how it will look...
:shrk:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think you'd be all right with a spray in, just so long as the "installer" made sure to either remove the grab handle or tape it off real well.

I've used the tailgate step on a company truck and didn't think too highly of it. Maybe I'm old school or because I'm young enough to still climb in the back of a pickup truck, but I've never had a need for the step, and it just seemed more clumsy than it was worth in my opinion.

But, if you're getting the step and want a spray in bed liner, I don't see any problems with it functioning weird or looking bad. If the step is the same basic setup as the F250 we have, the plastic trim piece that goes along the top would just need to get covered so it works/looks right. If you're thinking "over the rail" style spray in liner, I can't say it would still work out right.

Then again, I've never been a fan of spray in bed liner that goes over the rail anyway.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Anybody done this yet? Pics? Im thinking about it but not sure how it will look...
:shrk:
I had a line-x sprayed yesterday, and he didn't do anything to the tailgate. He said that is what he does on all of them. It looks good because of all the black plastic on the tailgate. I will try to get some pictures for you.

·
Registered
129 Posts
My Titan has the factory spray in liner with a plastic liner on the tailgate and I think it looks just fine. I would think it would actually look better than having the plastic on the tailgate and nothing in the bed at all, the way the raptor comes if you get the step.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a line-x sprayed yesterday, and he didn't do anything to the tailgate. He said that is what he does on all of them. It looks good because of all the black plastic on the tailgate. I will try to get some pictures for you.
Pictures would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
I did the plastic bedliner on Weds,about $300 installed at the dearler. it matches the inside of the tail gate and should be real easy to clean.
The install took 20 mins...

·
Registered
59 Posts
I did the spray in... but I don't have a step on mine...

·
Ford Raptor Forum!
1,565 Posts
I did the plastic bedliner on Weds,about $300 installed at the dearler. it matches the inside of the tail gate and should be real easy to clean.
The install took 20 mins...
Right on.

I'm not a fan of spray in liners. They are never done right, the paint is supposed to be sanded down then the liner sprayed on. No one does that.
I see tons of them where the liner material is peeling up.
If you drop something heavy on a spray in liner, there will be a big dent.

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
157 Posts
Right on.

I'm not a fan of spray in liners. They are never done right, the paint is supposed to be sanded down then the liner sprayed on. No one does that.
I see tons of them where the liner material is peeling up.
If you drop something heavy on a spray in liner, there will be a big dent.

Just my $0.02
I sat there and watched the line-x guy take a sander to mine, and then clean it off with mineral oil. He also took all of the bolts out sprayed and than put them back in. I have never had a problem with mine coming off on other trucks. Here are some pics, and a pic of my new electric bed cover.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Nice pics 996! As for spray in liners not lasting, my Titan has been used really hard and the factory spray in liner is still doing its job! There are several dents in the bed that probably would have been prevented with a drop in liner, but the dents aren't too bad noticable where the liner is textured and not very shiny. The best part about a spray in liner is you don't have to worry about it scratching through the paint and rusting out the bed like a plastic one will.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts