F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About every 10th time I start the truck, all I get is this annoying loud whine from the engine... plenty of juice but no turnover, no clicking... just a loud whine that lasts as long as I turn the key. It even does it after driving it 100 miles and stopping at a gas station. I jump out of the truck and use the remote start and it starts right up each time this happens. I'm wondering if any other person has had this problem or heard of it and what the issue could be? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2014 Raptor. 4" lift, Fuel Wheels, Roush Exhaust, ProCharger D1SC, ADD front bumper
14 Posts
Sounds like an issue I had on my 98 F1fiddy. I had some teeth on the flywheel that were worn and it would do that same thing.......or could be starter, teeth worn or the bendix not shooting out far enough

·
Registered
4 Posts
About every 10th time I start the truck, all I get is this annoying loud whine from the engine... plenty of juice but no turnover, no clicking... just a loud whine that lasts as long as I turn the key. It even does it after driving it 100 miles and stopping at a gas station. I jump out of the truck and use the remote start and it starts right up each time this happens. I'm wondering if any other person has had this problem or heard of it and what the issue could be? Thanks in advance!
try a different key?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts