F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran a search but didn’t find much info – If I missed a section please direct me to it.
Thanks in advance –

Here is the question

Just received my 2014 and am very happy but the steering ratio is too high /slow. Has anyone change their rack for a faster ratio and if so-

What is the stock ratio?
What is your new ratio?
Was it a bolt in or did you have to modify it for bump-steer - Shimming, tie rods, ECT
Are you happy or is it to rough for higher speed dirt roads? – Kick back on larger bumps

Any info would be appreciated

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am wondering the same thing i am coming from a 2012 eco with 8" lift and 37"s with the electric steering rack but i find that the steering in the raptor is much slower and takes way more turns of the wheel which i find very odd considering that ford advertises the fact that the changed the ratio to make the steering more aggressive on the raptor

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agreed the rack is exceedingly slow. I have been looking - not hard - for a replacement rack with a lower ratio that can be adapted. I’m sure this problem has been addressed already & was hopping for feed back. I don't want to have to re-invent the wheel if I can reasonably purchase an already designed system.

·
Registered
7,852 Posts
I haven't heard of anything myself. I know there are lots of vendors with tie rods and the like but nothing for the rack itself.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the response -

I Can live with the stock rack but would prefer not to. With my time schedule / work it will be a long while before I could even reasonably R&D a new unit and if I have to go that far, I’ll change much more. Hopefully some one will have some input on a version available that is a bolt with minimal modification.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I changed my rack to a hydronic steering kit. I've gone thru 3 eom steering racks was time for something new

HD
Thank you very much for the response. I’ve been very busy with work - Very happy about that by the way – So many not working. I’m at 60+ hours a week and don’t see it slowin down anytime soon - Forman / Fabrication steel shop in LA Kalifornia.
I ran a Google search but no much came up – Could be operator error – Wouldn’t be the first time. Could you post a link so I may be able to obtain more information? Thanks again –
Difficult to find some specific info about F150 / Raptors. I can fabricate but usually much cheaper for my to purchase – No R&D / Time invested - My free time is limited.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts