Votes: 129 93.5%
  • Take them off

Votes: 9 6.5%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well here's my question to you all. Will you leave the nerf bars/running boards(whatever you wanna call them) on or take them off? I will most likely take them off. I've just never really been a fan of them on anything..

·
Registered
101 Posts
My Westin Chrome Nerf bars have been used over and over again to get my truck across burms...I don't think those little aluminum things will do the same, so will replace them with Nerf Bars. The stock bumper on my truck got bent up into my tailgate, bed and rear quarter-panel and ended up costing me several thousand-dollars to repair...I think these little aluminum steps will do the same imo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I won't make up my mind until I see them in person. I took the ones off of my 06' f150 and had no problems.

·
Registered
15 Posts
They load up with mud that then just goes along for the ride. I guess without them the sides of the truck would be covered even worse with mud.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I'm keeping them on and I might Line-X them too!
They already have a line-x style of coating.

I am deciding righ tnow whether to ditch them and get the amp research steps or leave it alone. In my opinion they should sit lower to aid more as a step if they are going to be there. Though that would hurt ground clearance, proving why the amp research steps are a better idea in my opinion.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Line-x on the boards...

I'm a fan of Line-x. Having said that, if you look at the 'design' vids about the Raptor the designers state that the spray on liner for the boards is Rhino.

Wish it were'nt so but...gonna have to match the bed liner with the boards here.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Does any body know if these give any ground clearance issues?
My old F150 didn't have any. My ex F250 had the stock nerf bars that got me hung up this summer on a mountain pass switchback.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I was thinking of taking them off and having a set of real nerfs built until I saw the fab guys other project.
I dont think he has a quality notcher but he makes up for it in wire.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts