F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I step on my gas pedal sometimes, there is a weird whooshing sound that occurs and lasts for but a split second. The sound is almost that of an air hose being sprayed against an empty pop can.
I took my 2014 SVT to the shop to get it checked out. They could not replicate it or tell me what was wrong.
I don't want to waste any more money going on these wild goose chases. Can someone tell me what is wrong? Some of my Chevy buddies are telling me the problem is that I bought a Ford in the first place. Hah! I don't know. Y'all tell me.

· Registered
16 Posts
You’re hearing the air enter the throttle body. This will be more noticeable when installing a cold air intake. It’s totally normal. It’ll be EVEN MORE noticeable if you install a throttle body spacer. My truck does it too, I have a K&n CAI.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You’re hearing the air enter the throttle body. This will be more noticeable when installing a cold air intake. It’s totally normal. It’ll be EVEN MORE noticeable if you install a throttle body spacer. My truck does it too, I have a K&n CAI.
Man, much appreciated! One less worry on my worry list then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts