F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Veloci-Raptor

So if you add forced induction to either the 5.4 or the 6.2 does that make the Raptor a "Veloci-Raptor". :3-smash:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Does the F-150 kit move the turbo's to the very back of the truck like most of their kits? I was never a fan of that system for that reason. I know they say it has something to do with keeping the heat away from the engine and it cools the charged air down more by the time it reaches the intake but, just where the turbo's are located and all that piping running down doesn't sit well with me.

·
Registered
802 Posts
STS systems are overpriced and underpowered in my opinion. They would also not be suited best for off-road use as they are kind of out in the open.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have seen the STS twin system on a Corvette.... and it rocked. Of course the turbo's fit nicely up behind the fiberglass rear bumper out of sight and mind. They did add a nice bump in power, haven't rode in one with a front mounted twin turbo set up so I can't compare. But seemed to be a great system.

However on a Truck where there isn't really any room to hide all of that in the rear.... heck no I can see rocks, mud, sand and for the northerners all the road salt in the winter..... bad location. I'd look for a turbo kit for under the hood or closer to the headers.

I myself am more of a turbo fan than blower.... so I will be looking closely as I am sure there will be one.....

My opinion at least.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
From what I have read on another forum...the STS has a problem of running in moist conditions, such as rain, snow, mud...everything the Raptor was meant to run in. It sounds like a cool system for a show truck or weekend on-road vehicle.

I'll still wait for a S/C to come out for the 5.4.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Some of the trucks have the STS system intake up in the fender. Many people have used it offroad and it has worked well. Some people have changed from superchargers to STS and love it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts