F-150 Raptor Forums banner

Which would you choose SuperCrew or Super Cab and what size bed?

• Super Crew with 5.5ft bed

Votes: 64 34.0%
  • Super Cab with 5.5ft bed

Votes: 99 52.7%
  • Super Crew with 6.5ft bed

Votes: 16 8.5%
  • Super Cab with 6.5ft bed

Votes: 9 4.8%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which would you prefer if you had a choice?

Super Crew with 5.5ft bed
Super Cab with 5.5ft bed
Super Crew with 6.5ft bed
Super Cab with 6.5ft bed

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would have zero hesitations if there was a crew cab option.

We already have a small Volvo C30 so we really need something with 4 real doors

·
Registered
141 Posts
I've got a Supercrew now and I wouldn't want the longer wheelbase in a Raptor. So with the news of a Supercrew, I'm still sticking with getting a Supercab.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If one can fit full size adults in the back seat for short trips, then the SuperCab will be just fine. And in keeping with the shorter wheelbase handling, 5.5ft bed would also be my choice.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I used to want my raptor to have 4 doors with a longer bed, but now that I think about it, the truck would look a whole lot better the way it is, plus would be better at offroading and all with the shorter bed and cab

G

·
You need to look at the loss of peak ratio for serious off-roading. You loose so much if you extend the bed or throw a Crew Cab on it. So ask yourself, "am I driving this for the convenience of size, or because it's an ultimate off-road machine?"

·
Registered
145 Posts
You need to look at the loss of peak ratio for serious off-roading. You loose so much if you extend the bed or throw a Crew Cab on it. So ask yourself, "am I driving this for the convenience of size, or because it's an ultimate off-road machine?"
Sometimes though you have to try to meet in the middle. The Raptor is a great truck as is, but I think a true crew cab opens the door to families that want a truck like this, but need the room in the back seat. I think a true crew cab with the smaller bed would due just fine in most situations. Look at trucks running Kore or Carli Suspensions- a lot of those are crew cabs, and they do just fine.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I've already got my Raptor so my vote is probably pointless. I like the SuperCab as it matches the same over inside legroom dimensions as the Tacoma Quad-Cab. If I had kids that lived with me then I may say SuperCrew but it is only myself, my wife, two pitbulls and a basenji...plenty of room.

I would think that the longer wheelbase may affect the offroad baja style performance the truck is meant for, requiring more structural strengthening of the frame and certain components.

Just my two cents.

·
Registered
533 Posts
See, i think children would fit just fine in the back of the Raptor the way it is. I mean, an adult can fit fairly comfortably back there, so why can't a child? The only thing you have to deal with is the 'suicide' type doors...which prevents from the kids opening them while they are inside anyways.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a supercrew f150 now that is set up for the desert, and it handles very well. I could see if you were going to be using the truck every single weekend as a offroad tool. But for people that want the comfort of 4 doors and a once a month or once every couple of months toy, it's a toss up. Me I'm in for the extended cab , but if a crewcab model comes , mom already said she would add one to her list.

·
Registered
61 Posts
For practical reasons I would love to have a supercrew with 5.5 bed, but the truth is if you use the truck for what it was made for that is just a bent frame waiting to happen.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Tough to say I think the extra room would be nice but its not a significant amount unless you have lots of people riding with you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry for my ignorance, but somebody cant tell all the difference before i vote please ;)
i am lost bettween crewcab supercab quadcab megacab kingcab and more and more
or a link would be fine
Tks

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Sorry for my ignorance, but somebody cant tell all the difference before i vote please ;)
i am lost bettween crewcab supercab quadcab megacab kingcab and more and more
or a link would be fine
Tks
SuperCrew is four full-sized doors all opening the same way.

SuperCab is two full-sized doors and two smaller doors that require the front doors to be opened in order for the smaller doors to open. The original Raptor is a SuperCab.

·
Registered
21 Posts
thanks, in that case, i think i go for the actual SuperCab, have only one child and don't plan a second one. I suppose the back seat are big enough to fit 3 average size adult, and don't want loose bed space (most important for a truck)
Not sure between 5.5 and 6.5 has for me longueur is better but i read and belive it , it would not be as great off road
So happy to don't have the choice ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts