F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I am having an exhaust cut out installed on my Raptor today and they said that the aux switches won't work because they are just on / off switches.. and that the cut outs need a toggle switch to open and close properly.

Any advice on what could be done to make the aux switch work for this??? I really don't want to have to put in an aftermarket switch when I have 4 nice ones already there.

:wow:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so.. with the switches that come on the raptor would they be able to control how far the exhaust cut out opens and closes or will it just open all the way or close all the way?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Aren't all switches either on or off??
A toggle switch is just usually spring loaded to return back to an 'off' position.
So in order to use the factory aux switch - you could just return the switch to the 'off' position when the cut-out is in the position you want.

·
Registered
50 Posts
We're all waiting for you to have the first Raptor with the coolest exhaust system around!!
Send the results as soon as you can. And let us know what the outcome is with the aux switch. This entire post originated from great ideas for the switches... I'm sure there's a solution.

·
Registered
208 Posts
any one hear if he got it to work?think of how a power window swich works ,if it was a on and off swich wouldn't it work like ****

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey guys... So... for now the shop installed a switch that you hold down one way to open and hold down the other way to close.. they installed it in a cool spot that is kind of hidden but easy to access.. I actually kind of like it the way it is... but I am still tying to figure out the best way to make the stock aux switch work.

I couldn't take video last night because it was dark and raining when I got home... Im going to shoot some video as soon as I get out of work today.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Aux Switch

any one hear if he got it to work?think of how a power window swich works ,if it was a on and off swich wouldn't it work like ****

You know... until you mentioned an electric window switch - I didn't think of it that way. Perferct analogy. But I really do think that the aux swittch could be used by modifying it somehow (maybe by adding a relay??).

I'd ask an electrician... more luck than the guy(s) welding exhaust pipes (not that - that's a bad thing!!)

·
Ford Raptor Forum!
1,565 Posts
hello, where did you get the exhaust cut out kit and how many coins was it ? Is this the best way to go to give the 5.4 in the Raptor some breathing room, suggestions on cold air intake are welcome. My 09 Mustang KR has a very effective old air intake and I really like the way the exhaust sounds without the cats, does anyone know how that can be done on the Raptor??

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I assume you recieved the fax? :Hey:

Why not use one switch for open and another for close?

yes i did! thanks!

I think that is probably going to be what I do. i haven't really thought of any other way yet.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Aux Switch for Exhaust Cut-Out

That would work too - But if you forgot to close (off) one switch when you opened (on) the other you might blow a fuse/circut.

You might just mount the cut-out switch(es) in the center console and be done with it so we can all hear and see what it looks like!! haha!

Post a video!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That would work too - But if you forgot to close (off) one switch when you opened (on) the other you might blow a fuse/circut.

You might just mount the cut-out switch(es) in the center console and be done with it so we can all hear and see what it looks like!! haha!

Post a video!

That's pretty much what I did... ended up mounting a small switch on the top/back side of the raised box that houses the 4 aux switches... its hidden but actually really easy to use. I took some video last night just need to get it posted up. I going to try and get a couple quick drive by shots so everyone can get a good idea on how it sounds.

I think it sounds awesome! So far I found that for just driving around town having it half open is best.

:smileup:

·
Registered
344 Posts
So is this before or after the cat and if its before have you thrown a code yet or at all? Cant wait for the video. Make sure to include some pics of the install. Also what brand did you use?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So is this before or after the cat and if its before have you thrown a code yet or at all? Cant wait for the video. Make sure to include some pics of the install. Also what brand did you use?
The cut out is right after the cats... no codes! and sounds awesome in my opinion, (my pre-Raptor vehicle was a SVT Lightning that had no cats and bassani mufflers!)

Video is coming soon! uploading the vid to youtube right now.. says its going to take about an hour because I uploaded HD video..

I will have to get back to you on the brand name of the cut out... I got them from my local performance shop... I can't remember what brand he said they were.. but they usually only carry the best stuff.

·
Registered
208 Posts
nice video that sounds good not too loud at all..bet that would sound perty bad flyin through some ****..looks like a clean job never thought of mounting it like that:smileup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts