F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to get the sync radio/nav to keep a certain volume level? Im having a system installed and the factory radio needs to stay @ 3/4 volume and I'll use a remote knob from the JL Cleansweep to control the volume. As of now, when I set the volume @ 3/4 and then turn the truck off, when I turn the truck back on the volume is down @ like 1/4.

On my last aftermarket radio I could set the volume to be @ the same level everytime i started the truck. Any level I wanted.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
19 views and no answers? Its definitely possible that they didnt make it to hold a certain volume. idk

·
Registered
290 Posts
Sorry I've just never noticed if it kept the same level or not. Actually I would rather it not for those late nights when I forget it cranked up, would scare the hell out of me in the morning when I start her up.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm not sure if this helps but I noticed that Navigation, phone calls, and music all have separate volumes that are controlled when in that particular feature.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I just checked for you. With my Nav system the phone and stereo volume levels remain as they were on the previous use. The volume level does not change...had the volume up to ~1/3. Unless there is some other internal timer that reduces the volume after a certain number of hours.

How I checked: started the truck, doors closed, cranked up the stereo, turned the truck off, opened the door, removed the key from the ignition, shut the door and repeated the first three steps.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just checked for you. With my Nav system the phone and stereo volume levels remain as they were on the previous use. The volume level does not change...had the volume up to ~1/3. Unless there is some other internal timer that reduces the volume after a certain number of hours.

How I checked: started the truck, doors closed, cranked up the stereo, turned the truck off, opened the door, removed the key from the ignition, shut the door and repeated the first three steps.
Ill try it again but I thought I tried that. I was messing with it and it looks like if I hold the volume button in to turn off the radio/audio, then it'll keep the same volume upon restart. I didnt really wanna have to keep turning it off manually though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts