F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the Ford website there is an update for the Sync in my 2011. I downloaded as instructed and unzipped it to my thumb drive. Made sure it was formatted to FAT32 as instructed. Connected the drive to my Sync and started the truck but the update doesn't start. I noticed that in the update file there was a file folder with zipped files inside so I unzipped them inside the folder. some of them when I unzipped it said file name already exist. I tried 2 different methods, skip and unzip and rename but still not updating when I plug in the system. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That link looks to be for a newer model or sync without GPS. However was able to take some info from that and eventually got the installing message on the screen and then the instal complete however I don't think it actually installed. It only took like 10 minutes and according to the info it should take 30 minutes. Also I see absolutely no difference to the system. My sister has a new ford and her sync screen looks nothing like mine. I would assume with the update it should be the same.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Has anyone installed the update to verify that you lose the SVT logo at boot? Has anyone installed it and seen any worthwhile difference??

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed the Gen2 - V3.8 last week. Not only did I loose the Raptor Splash screen, I now have a "Lincoln Presidential" splash screen. Doh!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I installed the Gen2 - V3.8 last week. Not only did I loose the Raptor Splash screen, I now have a "Lincoln Presidential" splash screen. Doh!
I just did the Gen2 V3.8 on my '16 Explorer , No problems.
I'm Gonna do my '14 Raptor middle of December let ya know if I have any issues.
BTW/ I did the gen2V 3.7 on Raptor last January and had no issues with splash screen...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hello all,

Saw on the "My Ford" site that there's an update for Sync, Gen 1 v441 build EE2824update, and was wondering if anyone here has done it. If so, what does it change?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Oops, Meant to post this in the next forum down (Electrical Problems and Questions)... Is there a way I can merge it to the other "Sync Update" thread?

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just did the Gen2 V3.8 on my '16 Explorer , No problems.
I'm Gonna do my '14 Raptor middle of December let ya know if I have any issues.
BTW/ I did the gen2V 3.7 on Raptor last January and had no issues with splash screen...
Same thing happened to me... Has anyone found a fix?

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Ain't done mine yet on the Raptor. Thinking of doing it when the snow melts off my cover. Need to have a nice day ! Plus I have to remove all the Rodent repellent stuff under the hood so it can run for up to 40m.:confused:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Same thing happened to me... Has anyone found a fix?
I found one but haven't verified it yet. I printed it and can't find it right now, but will look later this week. Has to do w/ deleting the other models' folders and leaving the Raptor....

stay tuned....

·
2,648 Posts
Hey guys I found this information and thought I would pass it a long.
This is one patch to the Sync problem it fixed the similar splash screen problem in 3.7. They edited the patch so that it would work on 3.8
Copy the following files/Folder to your USB drive (or if you still have all your files on your USB drive simply delete the extra files in the SyncMyRide folder and just edit the autoinstall.lst):
autoinstall.lst
DONTINDEX.MSA
SyncMyRide

In the SyncMyRide folder the only file you will need is the EA5T-14F496-MA.zip file which contains the Raptor specific splash screen files.

Once the files are copied edit the autoinstall.lst file. It should look like the following:

;;;
;;; The following tags are software versions supported by this update
;;;

[SYNCGen2_3.08.15128]
Item1 = EA5T-14F496-MA.zip
Open1 = \SyncMyRide\EA5T-14F496-MA.zip
Options = AutoInstall

That should be it, pop the USB in and away you go. Update takes seconds to complete since only the splash screen files are being copied over.

Screenshots below. 'Untitled' is the ROOT of his USB drive. Ignore the shaded files as those are system files that He has unhidden on his machine.

Still haven't heard back from Ford. The Ford patch that fixed the similar splash screen problem in 3.7 The patch was edited so that it would work on 3.8 and uploaded to Dropbox. Click on the link below to download-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tudpw21egyq6yr8/Gen2v37_RaptorPatch.zip?dl=1

You don't need a Dropbox account to download. Click the x if a Dropbox log in screen pops up and you don't have an account.

Again, this is the official Ford Patch for 3.7. The only change made was one line that referenced the software version. Install the USB with the edited patch into your truck and as mentioned before it literally takes 2 seconds to update. Lincoln logo is gone. Raptor logo is back.

Instructions:

This only works if you have already updated to version 3.8

Download the file from the link above.

Unzip contents to blank USB (formatted to FAT32)

Plug in to Raptor

Files will auto install and prompt when finished.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I did the Nav/Software 4 disk set for $149.00 free shipping in mid December installed the software disk first as the last time, plan for two hours run time on the truck. ER3T-10E989-EA version 8.0X and Nav 8.0X version ER3T-10E989-JA I've done one a year or two ago with no issues it was $200.00 bucks for the first one. With the distance I was driving I thought what the heck better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

This is for the Sony/Nav system, the install was done last week every thing was good did not lose any information or stored data, the only bad thing was the back up camera had no video, the app was still working but no camera, then the camera warning comes on until you push ok. I called Ford and they said it was not a problem with the new update had to be my camera they do not know of any thing going south.
I bought a new camera PN# BL3Z-19G490-B to replace the original PN# BL3T-19G490-AC the first is the only part now from Ford or the BL3Z with this new camera installed I had back up video but no options like zoom or settings once placed in reverse.

Called Ford back they said take it to the Dealer let them check it, so I did I did not remember having 125,000.00 mile warranty on the truck I guess I did $100.00 deductible, service writer said you have to flash the camera to get it to work, well no one said that I have no way of flashing the unit.
Today it's back working as it should with the new camera installed so be aware of this issue I believe the old camera will not work well with the new up date I installed, as we flash the old camera but it was not going to see things my way hard to believe the camera just sat in the drive way and broke.

Just want to let guys know before the plunge

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone installed the update to verify that you lose the SVT logo at boot? Has anyone installed it and seen any worthwhile difference??
yes, I did the Sync update on my 2014 Raptor and the Raptor splash logo is gone. I found a YouTube video on how to restore it so I'll try that. As far as the update it worked fine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts