F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2017 raptor with 3000 miles. Put a roll and lock cover on bed. Had issue where tailgate appeared to not fully close a few weeks ago, now opened while driving and pulling a trailer. When tailgate opened, it hit my jack on the trailer. Dented and scratched tailgate to pieces.

Dealer is looking now, but asked if I had keys in my pocket while driving, I did not. Wanted to see if I could have hit the power button while driving. I did not, but this would be a huge design flaw by ford if it opens while in motion, yes?

Anyone else experienced something similar?

·
Registered
21 Posts
i have a 2017 raptor with 3000 miles. Put a roll and lock cover on bed. Had issue where tailgate appeared to not fully close a few weeks ago, now opened while driving and pulling a trailer. When tailgate opened, it hit my jack on the trailer. Dented and scratched tailgate to pieces.

Dealer is looking now, but asked if I had keys in my pocket while driving, I did not. Wanted to see if I could have hit the power button while driving. I did not, but this would be a huge design flaw by ford if it opens while in motion, yes?

Anyone else experienced something similar?
Well, you can't just hit the power button. You have to hit a particular sequence of buttons to remotely open your tailgate and unless you have a gremlin in your pocket, I just don't see that happening.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My money is on tailgate striking aluminum rails that the bed cover rides on, and tailgate is not fully closing. I had to trim the aluminum rails on my bed cover to get it to fit and allow my tailgate to close properly. When I first installed it, looked like the right side tailgate was unlatched. Trimmed the rails, worked great. Then I took my truck in for LINEX. Reinstalled bed cover, and boom, problem reappeared. Bed liner moved bed cover position rearward, had to trim the rails again. No more problem.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the bak mx4 cover . it fits tight so I close the gate then close the cover. if cover first, I have to push the gate hard to latch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts