F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Question?

Stafford - Jealous you have yours already! I like the black rims - but have a question for you - doesn't the 20in rim hurt off-road performance? I know that a large rim/small tire combo works great for pavement handling - but how about for off-road?

Thanks and enjoy your ride!

Sean

·
Registered
694 Posts
Yes bigger wheels kill offroad performance, typical rule of thumb is run a tire double the size of the wheel, so for 20's you need at least 40's........its different, but its your truck and to each their own

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it does as they stated, but that's why i kept the stock set too, and Since i live in houston where sand is minimal and concrete is plentiful these will be on there most of the time, but just in case I head to the beach i got them

·
Registered
433 Posts
That looks great lets see some more pics at different angles. I have a set of 20" rims in my garage that I wanna put on just on the fence about it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

there's a few more. I'm starting to like it more and more, I was a little worried at first, but it's growing on me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
It's the American racing Marin and the off set is....either a +25 or +30 it had to be at least a +20 something other wise the 12.50 would hit the inside finder

·
Registered
110 Posts
Nothing personnel but the rim choice does nothing to improve the look of truck looks cheap. I think the whole black wheel fade has been played out by black rockstar owners

those tire are 13" wide I would beat they will rub also a e load range tire is super stiff and heavy not really designed for a truck like that. I sure the ride quailty has suffered bc of it.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Nothing personnel but the rim choice does nothing to improve the look of truck looks cheap. I think the whole black wheel fade has been played out by black rockstar owners

those tire are 13" wide I would beat they will rub also a e load range tire is super stiff and heavy not really designed for a truck like that. I sure the ride quailty has suffered bc of it.
It's been overplayed by superduty guys, that for sure. I think the black wheels look just fine. The truck looks pretty good IMO.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I like the look too. How does the ride, handling, etc. change? Now that you have had sometime are you happy with the change?

I like Black rims on everything but black cars (I live black cars) but I do like black chrome on black cars. I think this one looks pretty good and assuming you are not off road every week end then it makes sense.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I like the look too. How does the ride, handling, etc. change? Now that you have had sometime are you happy with the change?

I like Black rims on everything but black cars (I live black cars) but I do like black chrome on black cars. I think this one looks pretty good and assuming you are not off road every week end then it makes sense.

still rides smooth and the road noise is just a very small amount above the stock bfg's. the only down side that I've noticed since i now have 6500 miles on the truck is that these tires took about 2.5 mpg off :wow: of the stock ones. I put the stocks back on just to check this out, so i guess we'll see

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
The Raptor got some new shoes! They are 20x10 with the new nitto trail grappler 35x12.5xR20

Nice new shoes! :rep: I also like the angle of this pic. Cool!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Usually I like a bigger wheel but on this occasion I don't care fo rit. Just my opinion. I think you need atleast 37s to do 20" wheels so it doesnt look like a low profile offroad wheel. Plus I just am a little parcial to keeping the baja look of the truck.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts