F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow.. What a great movie!!! I always like movies based on a true story... It was nice to see people that are truly color blind...

·
Registered
309 Posts
Gonna go out on the limb here and say the movie was pretty good, but not great as in an all time classic....if you know the real Mike Oher Story, you will find too much cinematic license was used to market the movie- even Oher himslef says this in a SI interview...dont get me wrong, I enjoyed it but not blown away because I know the real story... let the s&* storm start!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I thought it was good. I watched it knowing that Hollywood probably added a little here an there, but overall I can appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I just watched this movie. My wife and I really liked it. She REALLY like it. I of course, knew it was a sugar-coated dramatization, however, taking it for what it is, an entertaining movie, it really was VERY good. We all know that real life is much more grey, gritty, and painful than this depiction, but I still loved and enjoyed the candy-coated ride for what it was. It was a beautifully told story, showing the best of the human condition and it's potential. I guess the bottom line for me is that even though the story was told through a PG-rated filter, it was such a positive statement of what good people are capable of, that I forgive any lack of accuracy to the true events. Movies are not pure reality, but artistic representations of it, otherwise they would just all be documentaries. In this case in particular I accept any inaccuracy for the greater good of an amazingly beautiful story. I have to give this movie 5 stars.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My wife and I enjoyed this movie alot. It was a good story "based on truth", touching and inspirational without being too much a "chick flick"

Does anyone remember the name of the book that Michael did his book report on?

Towards the end of the movie Kathy Bateman gave him three choices of books and suggested that his father tell him about the classic tale. I think the book was supposed to be a metaphor for the Ole Miss vs. Tennessee rivalry written by a famous alum author.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts