The New Reprtor is Actually More Impressive Than Many Think (Image)

Discussion in 'Industry News and Ford Raptor Press Releases' started by rapnc, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Gr8fulmtnbiker

Gr8fulmtnbiker New Member

Vehicle?:
    Ford Raptor
    Color?:
    Black
    Engine:
    GEN1 6.2L

Newbie to the forum here...just wanted to say G*D BLESS THE GRATEFUL DEAD! started seeing shows in 1985 and was able to hit over a hundred of them before 1995. had a 2014 V8 6.2L Raptor and just got my 2017 Raptor a month ago...so far I love it- sounds much different than my old V8 but the performance is MUCH better than the older Gen1...will put some performance upgrades in it after about 6 months of playing around so I can get a feel for how long this one will last and how I like it after the honeymoon period is over.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    RAPTOR2 likes this.
  2. RAPTOR2

RAPTOR2 Active Member Military

Vehicle?:
    2018 Raptor Screw
    Color?:
    Lead Foot
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    You betcha ! lol
    '85 it was twenty years so far ... And was a crushing year ,Philly, SPAC , Hershey Park , Berkley ....
    Winterland '77 were my first shows and I never looked back...

Just scored my fall Dead & Company tickets for Hartford and Philly..
    And
    Just got word my '18 Leadfoot screw is enroute to my dealer so I be sayin goodbye to my '17 magnetic !

Dude See you in Philly ! lmao

3. CAM

CAM New Member

Media:
    Vehicle?:
    2017 Raptor
    Color?:
    Magnetic
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    Well, looks like all you nay sayers are easily proven "WRONG!" The Gen 2 Raptor is far beyond what the Gen 1 ship anchor can ever be no matter what you do with it. Don't get me wrong, I am a huge V8 fan! I not only own the Gen 2 Raptor, I have a 2003 Lightning in the garage as well. However, those of you who said the Gen 2 would never sale are extremely ignorant or just crybabies as a result of your Gen 1 being blown out of the water by the Gen 2! You keep your ship anchor and I will smoke you in every way no matter what you do to your Gen 1. I love this truck, best truck on the road hands down. The Gen 1 needs a shit ton of mods to even come close but this eco-boost only needs a couple extremely simple bolt-ons and it will be out of reach for the Gen 1 and still get far better gas mileage. As far as Gen 2 sales are concerned, there is a waiting list to get on the waiting list to order one. I am going to buy another one in 2021: by then I bet you will be tired of your ship anchor!