F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been checking out some Raptor articles, watched the Baja Raptor show on Speed and I must say that this truck is the bomb...!! :smileup:

I've been looking for a truck for a while now. I've looked at the new Dodge TRX-4, a GMC/Chevy Canyon and Colorados. After seeing pics of blue Raptors I can't get it out of my head. None of the other trucks I've looked at recently, nor have owned in the past ('97 D90, '05 H2 SUT, '06 Ram SRT-10) can hold a candle to it aesthetically. I think Ford has nailed it with this one. I do think they should have waited to release the truck with the 6.2 though.

Do I need a prerunner for an everyday driver? Not for me. I basically need a truck to go camping with, haul some stuff occasionally, put bikes in the back, go snowboarding in the mountains, tow every once in a while, take my track bike to the racetrack and dogs to the park/beach etc. I've done the 4 wheel bit with my Defender 90 in the past. I can't say I would take such a sweet truck as this Raptor on any of the tight trails I took my D90 on. Hell that truck was too nice and the guys out there just laugh at you for taking such a nice rig out there and subject it to carnage when they have beat CJ's and FJ40's. Not exacly apples to apples though.

Anyway, owners of this new truck should be proud....

:repplus:

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You are right about the Raptor! Ford did a fantastic job on this one!

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts