F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 and just like a lot of you my third brake is a problem.Starting leaking inside, the gasket is toast around it and there's some mold building up inside. Point being is that I need a new one. An OEM is really expensive plus I'm not a fan of how they look at all. I want it to be black. Has anybody found a good third brake light that doesn't have leaking or wiring issues? It sounds like he Recon light has a ton of problems. One option is shelling out the $$ for the OEM one and then getting it paid to get tinted I guess. Anybody have any suggestions?

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
As Bill said that's a good option, if you are on a budget though, why not get a used one out of the junkyard and go to your auto parts store and pick up a can of spray tint, the more coats you put on, the darker it gets. Keep us posted!

Reactions: Big Bill

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Brock , Welcome to the ZZZ good to have you with us.

Have you tried ADD off road yet ?

Shop 3rd Brake Lights for Ford F-150 / Raptor at ADDOffroad

Good luck with your project let us know how you make out ?
I've seen that one before, I really like all of the products they make! But the problem with all of these aftermarket 3rd brake lights for raptors is that the lights for an f150 compared to a raptor are very different. So that one that claims to fit both isn't possible. I emailed them about that light a few weeks back and haven't heard back. I'll let you you know once they email me back if they have a Raptor only light. I'm guessing that one is only the f150 considering the pictures. I do really want to get a ADD bumper!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As Bill said that's a good option, if you are on a budget though, why not get a used one out of the junkyard and go to your auto parts store and pick up a can of spray tint, the more coats you put on, the darker it gets. Keep us posted!
I wish our junkyards had raptor parts!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Damn nice price for an OEM 3rd brake light - any chance I could get their number or info to see if they have another in stock?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was the last one they had..... They said your best bet is to just ask your dealership to look up in their computer if anybody has any extra in stock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts