F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just picked up this new Black Raptor to use as a prerunner on the Torchmate Racing Team. I figured that I better take a picture because next weekend it is going to be broken in properly. We will be prerunning the desert race course for the Silver State 300 in Southern Nevada. Let's hope she is as tough as they say because I plan to not be easy on her.

I have to say, this is one beautiful truck. My wife said, "you are really going to go beat on it, but it is so pretty". Oh yeah! Considering that my Class 7 desert truck has come back without a body after the Baja 500 and last months Vegas to Reno races, I plan on going a little easier. Not looking forward to the NV Pinstriping though.

I will try to post up some feedback in a couple of weeks after the prerun to tell you how they really hold up to a beating.

Bill

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
We just picked up this new Black Raptor to use as a prerunner on the Torchmate Racing Team. I figured that I better take a picture because next weekend it is going to be broken in properly. We will be prerunning the desert race course for the Silver State 300 in Southern Nevada. Let's hope she is as tough as they say because I plan to not be easy on her.

I have to say, this is one beautiful truck. My wife said, "you are really going to go beat on it, but it is so pretty". Oh yeah! Considering that my Class 7 desert truck has come back without a body after the Baja 500 and last months Vegas to Reno races, I plan on going a little easier. Not looking forward to the NV Pinstriping though.

I will try to post up some feedback in a couple of weeks after the prerun to tell you how they really hold up to a beating.

Bill
Where do I sign up to be in one of those races? Black is the best color. Are you not worried about the 5.4 performance since you are racing vs waiting for a 6.2? Congrats and good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not actually racing the Raptor. Just pre running the racecourse in it. Pre running is where we drive the actual race course and mark all of the hazards in our GPS. The faster we can go pre running the better we can evaluate the hazards. It will be a very real test of the Raptor's Offroad capabilities. That way when we come flying through at full speed in the race truck we know when to slow down before we actually see the hazard. Our race truck is built out to look like a Ranger. I will see if I can find a picture of it to post up.

·
Registered
139 Posts
This is great. We've all read a bunch of canned journalist reviews, and although positive, I'd still like to know where the weak links are. Good luck in the race and please report back when you get a chance.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I saw on another site where a person took his Raptor off road and the bed pushed up against the cab and put a nice dent in it. I did not think that it would flex that much, but he posted photos to show the dent.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I too would love to see your report!

As far as the thing flexing off road, I can only imagine how ban other brands would have faired! A Toyota might have broken in half from what Ford has posted in their "durability test" wow!

Dents or not, the thing is a tough truck, but it's not going to be impervious to hazards, scratches, dents, or whatever. I have no doubt it will handle rough stuff better than any other truck out there.....

I can't wait to hear your report Torchmate!

·
Registered
290 Posts
I saw on another site where a person took his Raptor off road and the bed pushed up against the cab and put a nice dent in it. I did not think that it would flex that much, but he posted photos to show the dent.
If it's the same post I read, (raptorguy21, blue raptor, at that "other" site) he described it as a couple "little scratches" and specifically said it wasn't a dent.

·
Registered
290 Posts
It`s a fist size dent, he`s making a joke that the dent does not bother him but the scratches do.
Now I hope you're joking. Do you have a Raptor? I bet not because if you did you would know that every single Raptor comes from the factory with that "dent". It is not a dent at all, just the way the back of the cab curves. I have a pic of mine that has the exact same "dent", pretty odd huh?

FYI, both sides have an odd shaped indentation but they are not the same from side to side.

Just in case he really does have some sort of a small dent (I suppose we can just ask him) I don't see it in any pics, the one pic I saw a couple tiny scratches, but no "fist sized dent" was visible.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I do not have a Raptor waiting for the 6.2, talked to Gregg Foutz and he informed me that i would be happier with the 6.2, from the photo it sure looked like a dent, the reason for the comment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts