F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I noticed only on Wide open Throttle, I hear a clicking noise, sounds like a bad CV joints…. boot or something clicking, at the beginning it was only a click or 2. I first thought it was little stones getting thrown out to the metallic side step, that is exactly how it sounded when it was one or 2 clicks…. but now it sounds like a click click click click….. but again only when I push the gas pedal really hard.

This happens on 2WD so I think the front axles are not connected to the wheels.

Do you guys have any idea where to look ?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Easy one. You have a situation where you need to pop your hood. I can verbally instruct you over the phone. Call David @ 702- 622-2230

·
Registered
280 Posts
Even though you hear it below it’s a common problem on all Ford F-150 4x4. I have fixed my raptor. I also fixed a neighbors 2014 f-150 4x4 non raptor. Real easy fix.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Horizon670 called me the next day. He called from Morocco. Real nice guy. His issue with premature clicking was his 4 wheel drive IWE integrated wheel ends. When the hub has a vacuum leak they will start doing that in 2 wheel drive. Easy fix is get a new blue one way check valve. Getting one in Morocco is impossible so I told him to contact me if he wants one mailed to Morocco. I’ll buy it and ship it for free. Good luck withvthe fix buddy!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts