F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 is about ready for 4 new tires. Of the mileage I do it is virtually all on-road so just curious if anyone has experience with anything other than K02s and whether there is a different option I should consider.

Thanks,

James

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have 2018 Raptor had 27,000 miles on the KO2 tires original - and they were basically “shot” tires were super noisy - road noise was loud from about 20,000 miles - tires were useless in rain - purchased they Nitto Ridge Grapplers - awesome in rain and super quite on highway! Very pleased with the Ridge Grapplers

·
Registered
54 Posts
Were the KO2's quiet when they were new like the Nitto's? Maybe the Nitto's will get noisy after 20K like the KO2's.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good question. I never really had a real quite ride with the KO2's even when brand new; the road noise just got louder and louder as the tire got more miles, but they were never as quite as the Nitto's. The most disappointing aspect for me was the poor performance in rain - I live in Florida and we get tons of rain in the summer and they just were really awful in the rain. I got caught in a monster Florida summer rain storm last week and the Nitto's performed excellent.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same - went from K02s to a ridge Grapplers and dropped about 5db in Road noise. Seem much smoother and quiet but they are new compared to K02s. Love the Grappler look. Much more aggressive. Off-road performance has been great too.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Same - went from K02s to a ridge Grapplers and dropped about 5db in Road noise. Seem much smoother and quiet but they are new compared to K02s. Love the Grappler look. Much more aggressive. Off-road performance has been great too.
Is that 5db estimate based on an actual db meter reading, or your personal audio estimate?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I used dB Meter app, same road and similar speed, mounted to dash. I got 75 dba with K02s (40k miles) and dropped to 70 dba with Nitto Ridge Grapplers (new). It’s unfair to say it’s apples to apples. I am tracking over time to see how they hold up. I posted earlier to simply say I feel the Nittos are smoother and look so much better on the truck from how I remember the K02s.
Initially they are more quiet - time will tell. I am very happy with them. I run K02s on my jeep and had to replace one this week - Costco was unable to get the tire. It turned into a huge hassle. I won’t buy from Costco again, and it appears BFG may not be manufacturing???

·
Registered
54 Posts
I used dB Meter app, same road and similar speed, mounted to dash. I got 75 dba with K02s (40k miles) and dropped to 70 dba with Nitto Ridge Grapplers (new). It’s unfair to say it’s apples to apples. I am tracking over time to see how they hold up. I posted earlier to simply say I feel the Nittos are smoother and look so much better on the truck from how I remember the K02s.
Initially they are more quiet - time will tell. I am very happy with them. I run K02s on my jeep and had to replace one this week - Costco was unable to get the tire. It turned into a huge hassle. I won’t buy from Costco again, and it appears BFG may not be manufacturing???
Thanks for the db info. Yes, miles on the tires makes a bit difference in noise.
BF Goodrich did shutdown, but that was for 2 weeks in late March.
I don't know what's going on with Costco. The local store here showed they did not have the KO2's, so no price was posted.
Here is what was recently posted on another forum about the tires:

""Currently, I have 37x12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. They wear well. They look nice. On road manners nice and quiet tire at that.

They were atrocious in snow and ice. When I bought the tires, I lived in Cincinnati. I now live in the Kenai Peninsula of Alaska. The hard rubber compound and lack of siping in the tread were the likely culprits. Forgetting trying to accelerate, I had to be very strategic about braking. The tires still have 12/32 tread but I’m moving away from them in about a month. Going back to the KO2, which I have run on previous 4wd’s. The KO2 is on my wife’s Sequoia as well. It was night and day driving hers and mine, even with sandbags in the bed.""

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yikes - hope my experience will be different. Here in KC we get 6-8 snow days a year where it really requires good all terrain tires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts