F-150 Raptor Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
468 Posts
Fo realz Bo! Use your head mang! :tnp:Your acting like this truck was built to offroad any where, crawl up big rocks and jump without a problem, what are you loco or something? :4-looney:
:Na_Na_Na_Na:

Loco is my middle name buddy...
....actually its Thomas, but a lil' trip down to the courthouse ought to fix that right up.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
just had a tire blow on the side like that one guy who wrote 30 pages of complaints, only 11k on my truck and no impact to the tire...
Do you know how or why?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Wow I can't believe how tore up that tire is Bojangles. We run BFG AT's on many of our 3/4 ton work trucks that drive down dirt/rock roads and through the oil field every day. They don't look anything like that.

·
Banned
468 Posts
Wow I can't believe how tore up that tire is Bojangles. We run BFG AT's on many of our 3/4 ton work trucks that drive down dirt/rock roads and through the oil field every day. They don't look anything like that.
My tires are about as tough as Elton John.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Do you know how or why?
nope I just figured im due for replacing em anyways... not sure if 12kmiles is way to early to have to replace em, but I have been having mad fun offroading...

I think im just going to go with the bfgs again if their only 200 a pop.... Id like mud tires but dont want to spend a fortune and don't want the loud noise that supposedly comes from them...

I would love to complain and get a new free tire but for 1 whats one free tire, and for two it IS a wear and tear item... Its freaking rubber, going to wear away eventually... Ive driven from ohio to florida and back, and from ohio out to colorado with tons of offroading in that 12k miles on the truck so **** it, its treated me damn well.

·
Registered
308 Posts
dealer offered me tire insurance... 5 years of blow out or damge... including rims.

·
Registered
243 Posts
you guys remember jesse101 about 2 months ago was the first to report gnarly wear on his tires? he was pissed as hell, came on here and ranted about it and nearly everyone jumped his shit hard.
seems like he was right.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I've run BFG all terrain TA's for years and never had an issue. I would go to the dealer and bitch, write BFG give them the lot (run) number and see what the hell is up and not stop bothering them til they resolved the issue.:box: Tell them you are on the Raptor forum and have talked to guys around the world about this issue and this is an isolated problem. Let them know about the dealers lack of urgency to resolve this issue and that BFG is not looking too good by not handling this issue themselves quickly. :shakehead: I've put at least 50k on a couple of sets and never saw that happen.

·
Registered
308 Posts
pshhhh F elton john... my bfg's were hand made by chuck norris.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I havnt seen it mentioned yet but these tires were specifically made for this truck. I read in another thread that you cant even buy this specific tire anywhere else except Ford. Ford is well aware that the truck was built and will be used for off road use. Ford chose to venture into this field and therefor should to a "reasonable point" back there product. Now given Bo has alot of air miles on his tires and so on makes his case kind of a tuff decision. I think Ford has to consider and honor what they ventured into here. Definately the tires (even with Bo's air shows) should last alot longer than what they have. This is starting to sound to me like BFG and Ford wanted a lil smoother ride outta the truck and may have gone to soft on the tires. Thats not Raptor owners fault, we didnt build the truck. Thats a possible engineering design flaw. It could be worse though we are just discussing tires not engines or transmissions. HA.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I havnt seen it mentioned yet but these tires were specifically made for this truck. I read in another thread that you cant even buy this specific tire anywhere else except Ford. Ford is well aware that the truck was built and will be used for off road use. Ford chose to venture into this field and therefor should to a "reasonable point" back there product. Now given Bo has alot of air miles on his tires and so on makes his case kind of a tuff decision. I think Ford has to consider and honor what they ventured into here. Definately the tires (even with Bo's air shows) should last alot longer than what they have. This is starting to sound to me like BFG and Ford wanted a lil smoother ride outta the truck and may have gone to soft on the tires. Thats not Raptor owners fault, we didnt build the truck. Thats a possible engineering design flaw. It could be worse though we are just discussing tires not engines or transmissions. HA.

They did origionally say that the BFG's on the Raptor were specific to the truck. They aren't, they are the heavier duty version of the standard tire and are still available at any tire shop. They are 3 ply sidewall instead of BFG standard 2 ply sidewall. Hence the "triguard" printed on the tires.

That being said, the BFG's are junk, they wear horribly, and they throw every piece of gravel they can get thier greedy treads on. Ford uses them because they are cheap. If Ford wanted to put better tires on they would have to jack up the price more and people would complain. What they gave us is a decent performing tire for a good price and I am guessing they figure half of the owners will replace the tires and wheels anyways.

I replaced mine right away with TOYO MT's, far happier with the TOYO's. 3 times the life of the BFG's.

I say just wear out those BFG's and get some good tires the second time around.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts