Tires weearing uneven on the inside of tread | Ford Raptor Forum - F-150 Raptor Forums

Tires weearing uneven on the inside of tread

Discussion in 'GEN 1' started by kryppie, Jun 25, 2015.

1. kryppie

kryppie New Member

Color?:
    Tuxedo Black
    Engine:
    GEN1 5.4L
    I have a 2010 Raptor with 65000 and when I changed my tires recently the front tires inside tread were wearing in un even. The shop guys called it chopping.
    They atribute it to suspension problem. Are my shock messed up? I do some offroading so in 5 years I might suspect it.

Anyone know if this is true and if so how much does it cost to fix my shocks?

2. Big Bill

Big Bill Active Member Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    2013 Whipple Raptor700+HP
    Color?:
    Red
    Engine:
    GEN1 6.2L
  3. boris95

boris95 Member

Vehicle?:
    2011 Ford Raptor
    Color?:
    Ingot Silver
    Engine:
    GEN1 6.2L
    I have had the same problem. My truck cups the inside of front tires. I had an alignment done, still did not solve the issue. I had a Ford tech drive and inspect the tires and he said it is that way with most F150s. Who knows?
    Just put on the new BFGoodrich KO2. Awesome tire, love them. Much better than the original ko tires. E rated also. Went down a serious muddy road when coming home from scouting elk in the mountains. Put it in 4 wheel drive, locked the rear diff. Sway control was on. I was pulling my 21' camping trailer. Mud covering the trailer and truck, but I did not get stuck, it was about 2 to 3 miles of this slippery muk. And never got sideways. My friend in his Tundra 4x4 was in front of me and all over the road.
    Love the truck and new tires.

4. kryppie

kryppie New Member

Color?:
    Tuxedo Black
    Engine:
    GEN1 5.4L
    Had the shocks rebuilt at Forged off road . That along with an alignment job fixed the wearing issue