F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made a small list to get everyones hopes and dreams up, while you wait for your Raptor. these are mostly for 2008 F150, dont know if they would work on the Raptors 5.4L, but its a start.

Edge Chip:
http://www.jegs.com/p/Edge-Products...ution-Programmer-with-Monitor/760983/10002/-1
upon further investigation, it seems every chip company offers something for this engine, do some research:smileup:

Roush SuperCharger with Intercooler
http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=553

Jet offers a MAF sensor for relatively cheap,Part# 69190
BBK has a 80MM throttle body Part#1759

Cam Shafts by Comp-
3 different cam designs, depending on how many head aches you want to have rebuilding the motor.
http://www.compcams.com/3valve/

Ford Racing also offers different camshafts for the 5.4

JE,Ross,Mahle,Wiseco and others make different kinds of pistons with different bores and head clearances

Canton Racing offers different oil pans and sump kits for the 5.4

more later...

·
Registered
31 Posts
why tho? im not arguing im honestly curious...I've never put one in myself, all the cars ive owned that had them, had them when i bought them..

This is definitely a topic that im interested in, i guess i need enlightenment lol

·
Registered
157 Posts
why tho? im not arguing im honestly curious...I've never put one in myself, all the cars ive owned that had them, had them when i bought them..

This is definitely a topic that im interested in, i guess i need enlightenment lol
I called Roush today to ask about the supercharger, and they told me it would not work and they were not planning on building one for the 09-10 trucks.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I wonder if the Ford Racing one will work, I think whipple makes that one?

I will be upset if I don't have a s/c option, that was one of the reasons I chose the 5.4 in the first place.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Theres gotta be something out there for it...worse comes to worse, SVT might do it, like they did the upgrade super chargers for the gt500...give it enough time and someone will make it.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I don't think they changed anything but they do not list a s/c for the 09 and I heard that they were not going to make one for 09 either.

My worry is with that something will cause a problem with simply boling the 08 s/c to the 5.4 raptor (ie off road mode, shift points).

·
Registered
242 Posts
ford racing doesnt make one yet and they dont know when they will. It's not really a bolt on issue, apparently thats the easy part. The hard part is that no one has done the calibration yet of the 09 so of course they dont have it for the 2010. I spoke to Roush, Ford Racing, Procharger, and a local place, McNew's and Procharger had an 09 F150 in the garage bay when I called doing the calibration, but they werent sure when theyd be done (weeks, months) McNews said they've had a lot of interest, but they'd call me when something came out. I wont hold my breath. Saleen also does not make one, and if you go any other route good luck on getting Ford to honor your warranty

·
Ford Raptor Forum!
1,565 Posts
The one off a conventional F150 will work.
Save your money, they don't do anything but make noise and let dirt into the engine.

·
Registered
242 Posts
procharger got their 09 kit out not sure if its any good...
i spoke with them about the SC too, in June or July and they had an 09 in the garage calibrating the SC. Glad they called me to tell me they had finished it after I gave them my phone number.... GREAT customer service

1 - 19 of 19 Posts