F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This afternoon I spec'ed out a 2013 SuperCrew to replace my 2011 SuperCab. I am wondering what you guys think about the stereo/nav/head unit. I have read some other posts on the issue but here is what I am thinking about...

My 2011 has no nav and it has the Sony stereo with the "subwoofer" under the rear seat. When I got the 2011, I was told that if you got the Nav, you could not get the Sony stereo with the "sub". So, it was either better stereo OR Nav. I opted for the stereo because I rarely travel long distance in the truck and I wanted better sound.

In the 2013 I spec'ed today, it seems to me that the "sub" comes regardless of the stereo or Nav. I spec'ed the Nav/My Ford Touch and I was told it comes with the sub.

Sooo...if I get the Nav, is it going to have the "sub"? Can you even order the truck without the "sub" if you do not want it? I believe you get the "sub" no matter what.

By the way, for those wondering, I was quoted Invoice plus $900 for the new LOADED 2013. And I mean everything, except sunroof, 'cuz I hate sunroofs and it saved me $1000 to delete it. Sticker on the new truck is @ $58,000. I was offered $40,000 for my 2011. The 2011 stickered for about $51,000 and it has 8,000 miles on it (and sunroof : ).

Thoughts?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Wow!!!! I just did basically the same thing. Got an Auto Trader quote online and sold my 2011 SCREW for the Auto Trader price quote. It was on the dealer lot the next day for $51988. Then I ordered a 2013 SCREW with everything but the bed liner and graphics at $1000 over invoice. My 2011 had the navigation and the subwoofer. It looks like it is now part of the 801A package. You can build a 2013 without it, no 801A package, but why would you.

That is a huge interior and I don't know what it would sound like without the subwoofer, especially 80 mph off road with the windows down. But my 2011 stereo sounded great.

Congrats on the the new Raptor. Glad to see I'm not the only one doing this. I can't wait to get mine. Ordered on Jan 11, dealer said 8 weeks. But I saw online that F-150s have an additional 4 weeks possible lead time if you get the electronic locking axle which ours have. Either way I can wait. More money for the downpayment.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well...there is at least two of us!

Good for you! I really like my SuperCab but more space is always good. Plus my wife is always yappin' about not having rear doors. Never should have told her they were an option!!

There are so many upgrades in the 2013 compared to my 2011 like HID lamps, cooled seats, LSD front etc etc and for the money, it is an easy decision. I am not finalized on the price yet but very close. I only need another grand from the dealer to pull the trigger.

So what you are saying on the stereo/nav is that the sub is part of the 801A pkg, which I guess is the "luxury package". You get the nav and the Sony radio with the sub as part of the package? The Ford "build your truck" page is not completely clear, at least not to me. I really hate when I order a vehicle just the way I want, wait however long and then it shows up with or without some piece of equipment that I wanted or possibly didn't want. I am too anal for that!!!

So to be specific, the MyFordTouch Nav w/Sony, will always have the sub. It was dumb that they didn't used to let you order it that way.

Anyway, what color are you getting?

·
Registered
300 Posts
I had the Silver but always wanted the Blue Flame. I had a blue flame ordered back in 2011. I found a silver 2011 loaded the way I wanted on a lot and the dealer took a few under MSRP. So I jumped at it. Only regret it was silver. So I'm fixing that in 2013. That and the fact I got a killer deal when I sold it.

Now the only problem is I got to wait at least eight weeks. And if that electronic locking axle delay affects Raptors it could add up to another four weeks to the delivery time. But now I get the exact truck I want. Remember, "It's all about ME!!!"

Don't let the subwoofer be a deal killer. It does add value when you trade it in, although not much. I don't know the exact cost because it is built into a package. More money for Ford. The 801A includes the luxury package and a whole host of other options including remote start, HIDs, rear view camera (not the front view camera) etc, etc.

I wouldn't hesitate too much longer. I don't know when the order cutoff date for 2013s is and no idea what awaits for 2014. But I wouldn't want you to miss out.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I recently traded in my 2010 supercab for a blue flame 2013. I have had seven black trucks in a row so I was ready for a change. Love the blue! It is loaded with everything except the graphics package which I did not want. Window sticker was $51,700. I got $3,000 off sticker and that price included a backflip cover for the bed. Like my 2010 I added an additional bass enclosure under the left side of the rear seat with a separate amp powering it. It needs that extra bump in bass IMHO. I got $36,000 on trade for my 2010, so it was about $17,500 to trade up. Worth every dime.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pulled the trigger

:smileup:

I did the deal and my order went into the system today. Hoping for delivery in eight weeks or so. Keeping my 2011 until the 2013 hits the lot. $14,000 out the door and they will swap my Rigid LED Raptor kit and my K&N intake in their shop. My 2011 was a SuperCab and did not have Nav but pretty much everything else (7,800 miles). The 2013 is a SuperCrew and its LOADED including bead locks and factory sprayed liner; minus sunroof. (I hate sunroofs) I think I could have beat them down a little more but the sales manager is an acquaintance. So I am getting a truck that is about $6,000 more and two model years newer. I feel pretty good about the deal.

All that aside, I think the Raptor has held its value as well as any vehicle I've ever had. Happy about that. Now I can beat the 2011 like a rented mule for two months!!! I kid...

So, for the new truck, I will tint the windows, reinstall the K&N intake and the LEDs and then I don't know. I will probably put a hard tonneau on it instead of the aluminum box I have now. I will pt the stuff I always carry around into duffles or something. I am wondering about having a blower installed. Probably a ProCharger if anything. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Later fellas!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Damn!!!! I wish I could've kept my 2011 till the 2013 arrived. Oh well. Did the dealer you bought it from say eight week?. I was expecting 12 weeks, but my dealer also said 8 weeks. So I'll be an optimist, which means 7 weeks to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts