F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just brought my truck into the dealer on monday to get the new updates for
the trans shift points and seems to be better. Holds the gear a bit longer and a little more responsive on gearing down for quicker acceleration.
Dealer was great even gave me a rental for a few hours to pass the time.
Takes about 2 to 2 1/2 hours to complete. So far so good. :smileup:
Anyone else get theres updated yet?

·
Registered
215 Posts
tranny update

In response to your statement, is there a bulletin out from Ford to have this done on our trucks. If so I would like to get his taken care of. any info would be great. My truck rides and runs great with the exception of the 1st and 2nd gear shifting. If this update would help that, would be a great thing. thanks

·
Banned
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In response to your statement, is there a bulletin out from Ford to have this done on our trucks. If so I would like to get his taken care of. any info would be great. My truck rides and runs great with the exception of the 1st and 2nd gear shifting. If this update would help that, would be a great thing. thanks
No bulletin just called my service rep that I normally use cause I was having the problem with coming up to a stop and
it would feel like someone would bump me from behind.
That's when he told me about the new update for the trans shift.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Just brought my truck into the dealer on monday to get the new updates for
the trans shift points and seems to be better. Holds the gear a bit longer and a little more responsive on gearing down for quicker acceleration.
Dealer was great even gave me a rental for a few hours to pass the time.
Takes about 2 to 2 1/2 hours to complete. So far so good. :smileup:
Anyone else get theres updated yet?
Yeah I had it done about 2 months ago and I noticed a night and day difference :smileup:

·
Banned
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd recommend getting this done for sure..holds the 1st & 2nd gears longer.
JUST DO IT! :D

·
Banned
6 Posts
I am taking mine in Thursday for a few other things and now I will add one more thing.. It is kinda of annoying the quick 1-2 shift... The downshift bump issue although I have felt it, really hasn't bothered me...

·
Banned
6 Posts
my truck rolled off the line 2 weeks ago and i just picked it up friday. would my tranny already have the update? because i do notice 1st, 2nd are annoyingly short and around 40-50 the truck is so quick to go in to 6th but SO hesitant to downshift...it's like either 6th or WIND UP BOOM 3RD gear. not graceful at all and not what i want from a 45k truck.

but i do love her...:smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Banned
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my truck rolled off the line 2 weeks ago and i just picked it up friday. would my tranny already have the update? because i do notice 1st, 2nd are annoyingly short and around 40-50 the truck is so quick to go in to 6th but SO hesitant to downshift...it's like either 6th or WIND UP BOOM 3RD gear. not graceful at all and not what i want from a 45k truck.

but i do love her...:smiley_thumbs_up:
I'm sure you'll have to take it in for the update by the sounds of it.
My definitely holds the gears better then before but the down shift is what I really do see inprovement, for quicker acceleration.
Talk to your dealer.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Thanks for the update. I take mine in on Friday for a 4 wheel alignment and oil change. I posted the shift problem. This sounds like what they need to check. When I spoke to the dealer he said he didn't hear about any programs for the tranny. Is this something that is posted as a update or where do you find out how to get this information?

·
Banned
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the update. I take mine in on Friday for a 4 wheel alignment and oil change. I posted the shift problem. This sounds like what they need to check. When I spoke to the dealer he said he didn't hear about any programs for the tranny. Is this something that is posted as a update or where do you find out how to get this information?
Yes your dealer should have this for a update. There not going around telling people but if you ask them they will do it.
Sounds like this dealer needs to get in the loop here.
If they still don't know anything about it I would try to ask another dealership.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Had the upgraded trans program installed yesterday. Made quite an improvment in drivability. Holds gears a little longer and doesn't hunt for right gear as it did prior to update. Also seems to have lessened somewhat the downshift lag that was occuring when you step on it.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hmmmmm......this is all very interesting. I check broadcast messages every day and there is NO information of any update or reprogram of the transmission from FoMoCo other than for a 6R80 behind a 4.6L for a torque converter shudder at 30-35 mph.

·
Banned
6 Posts
as i was pressure washing my truck today i saw the sticker on my rear axle that said JOB 2 so...i guess i have it and gotta live with the shit trans

·
Banned
6 Posts
Hmmmmm......this is all very interesting. I check broadcast messages every day and there is NO information of any update or reprogram of the transmission from FoMoCo other than for a 6R80 behind a 4.6L for a torque converter shudder at 30-35 mph.
My vehicle is at the dealer now and they tell me the same thing...

·
Registered
485 Posts
My vehicle is at the dealer now and they tell me the same thing...
My guess hockster is that these Dealers are resetting the transmission adaptive shift strategy tables which will allow the transmission to "re-learn" its shift points, timing, etc. around the individuals driving habits. It is a temporary "fix" as the 6- speed 6R80 has very different shifting characteristics that we are all getting used to. It has more gears fellas and it is NOT going to act like the 4-speed 4R75E (or any other 4-speed auto for that matter) that you all have been used to.

I was not exactly thrilled with the operation of the transmission at first either. I reset the adaptive tables at around 600 miles and the trans shifted differently (and noticeably) as it re-learned, but the very normal shifting characteristics of the 6R80 are as they were. I will continue to monitor broadcast messages and will be just as excited as anyone if something develops, but for the time being it sounds like these Dealers are "fixing" the customer, not the truck.:4-looney:

·
Registered
636 Posts
My guess hockster is that these Dealers are resetting the transmission adaptive shift strategy tables which will allow the transmission to "re-learn" its shift points, timing, etc. around the individuals driving habits. It is a temporary "fix" as the 6- speed 6R80 has very different shifting characteristics that we are all getting used to. It has more gears fellas and it is NOT going to act like the 4-speed 4R75E (or any other 4-speed auto for that matter) that you all have been used to.

I was not exactly thrilled with the operation of the transmission at first either. I reset the adaptive tables at around 600 miles and the trans shifted differently (and noticeably) as it re-learned, but the very normal shifting characteristics of the 6R80 are as they were. I will continue to monitor broadcast messages and will be just as excited as anyone if something develops, but for the time being it sounds like these Dealers are "fixing" the customer, not the truck.:4-looney:

How do you reset the adaptive trans tables?

·
Banned
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

I'll have to give my dealer a call and see if this is true.
If this is a temporary fix,

that's :bsflag:But for right now it's working better..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts