F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 has 84k miles on it and every fourth or Fifth time I drive it I have this issue. Truck jumps up to fifth gear and will only go down to 3rd. The Check Engine lights comes on then goes off, airbag light comes on Speedo goes to zero, gas mpg goes blank and blinker will not auto turn off. I shut my truck off then turn back on and problem goes away for a while until next time. Seems like it is going into a limp mode for no reason. I have tried to hook a scanner up to it but does not show any faults or issues.
Any Ideas or anyone else had a similar issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2012 has 84k miles on it and every fourth or Fifth time I drive it I have this issue. Truck jumps up to fifth gear and will only go down to 3rd. The Check Engine lights comes on then goes off, airbag light comes on Speedo goes to zero, gas mpg goes blank and blinker will not auto turn off. I shut my truck off then turn back on and problem goes away for a while until next time. Seems like it is going into a limp mode for no reason. I have tried to hook a scanner up to it but does not show any faults or issues.
Any Ideas or anyone else had a similar issue?
Hello, This happened to me this morning. Did you ever find out what happened and how did you fix it? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am sorry to post here because I realize this is the limp mode thread, but had a question and maybe someone could send me in the right direction to get the answer I am looking for. I Have owned trucks all my life, however this is the first Raptor. I have a 17 year old son that will be driving the Raptor from time to time. Does the 2012 Raptor have the mykey option. Because from what I understand I can restrict the trucks ability to go over certain speeds with this, and therefore keep him from at least trying to max out dads truck and get himself or someone else hurt. Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts