F-150 Raptor Forums banner

61 - 80 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Had my TSB done Monday. Big difference with acceleration and shifting. We're happy again! Haven't driven enough to notice mpg change, yet. Will watch.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hockster - I am sad for you :(
I hate being without my Rampage. What were your initial symptoms? I've been complaining about slow off the line, busy on the highway and the occasional hot slippage and will get this TSB done today (SEE I KNEW THERE WAS A PROBLEM!!) but would like your thoughts on if there are symptoms I should look out for. I'm at 42000km now and gearing up for my first trans service (USE MERCON LV NOT MERCON SP AS WAS INCORRECTLY STAMPED ON DIPSTICK, SSM 21359)

·
Banned
6 Posts
Hockster - I am sad for you :(
I hate being without my Rampage. What were your initial symptoms? I've been complaining about slow off the line, busy on the highway and the occasional hot slippage and will get this TSB done today (SEE I KNEW THERE WAS A PROBLEM!!) but would like your thoughts on if there are symptoms I should look out for. I'm at 42000km now and gearing up for my first trans service (USE MERCON LV NOT MERCON SP AS WAS INCORRECTLY STAMPED ON DIPSTICK, SSM 21359)
I sent you a PM about it..

·
Registered
555 Posts
My update after 2 weeks with the TSB.

1.) A little better off the line acceleration ....feels better in 1st gear from a dead stop, there is no hesitation and no pause between 1st and 2nd.

2.) the above 40 mph neutral drop feeling is gone and the 2-3 second pause while the truck decides what it wants to do..is gone (That is what the TSB was really for).

3.) Truck downshifts MORE when on the hwy (cruise on and pulling up a hill), but this seems to be adjusting / adapting as it gets more hwy driving on it.

4.) No change in MPG

Really? Had the TSB.
Still takes mine 4 seconds to find the gear at 40 mph........:4-dontknow:

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Got mine done today. The over 40 harsh downshift is gone. The TSB says it may take a few days to relearn to fully take effect. I'll report my findings then. The whole process took about 1 hour.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Done - found that the hesitation off the line (that I complained about day since Day 1) is very minimal, sometimes not at all, (used to be a noticable delay). Haven't hit the highway yet (c'mon 5:30pm lol) but as already mentioned, it will take a few days to relearn. If the highway driving is as nice as the take-off - I'm in heaven :)

·
Banned
6 Posts
Ok, so I had the trans TSB updated in April and it was ok but it still was not like I wanted it... I took it back and asked if there was anything else they could do... The manager said they can order a new mechatronics(transmission valvebody) and thats all... So, I had them order me a new one and it was installed yesterday... Yes my friends that gave me what I wanted... No more 4-5 second delay on the downshift... Firm hard shifts, as hard as Chinese arithmetic!!!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Ok, so I had the trans TSB updated in April and it was ok but it still was not like I wanted it... I took it back and asked if there was anything else they could do... The manager said they can order a new mechatronics(transmission valvebody) and thats all... So, I had them order me a new one and it was installed yesterday... Yes my friends that gave me what I wanted... No more 4-5 second delay on the downshift... Firm hard shifts, as hard as Chinese arithmetic!!!
:str:LOL!!!...Now that's hard!

Specifically what is mechatronics, what does it do, what does the current component not do that was causing the downshift delay?...and is it covered under warranty? If not, what was the cost involved?

·
Banned
6 Posts
:str:LOL!!!...Now that's hard!

Specifically what is mechatronics, what does it do, what does the current component not do that was causing the downshift delay?...and is it covered under warranty? If not, what was the cost involved?
Ok so I over exaggerated a bit but you got the point huh... ROTF!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
542 Posts
When you punch it (put your foot to the floor; Nail the throttle) there is this pause.......AT least a 6 to 8 second pause.... transmission and motor cant deside what gear to downshift to......then when it does deside, its like it downshifts from OD to like 2nd...Big BANG!!!! felt and heard from the rear end. The first time this happened, I thought the rear end feel out.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Took Wiz's 6.2 for a ride and there is a totaly different response at all speeds. Maybe a second @ 40mph. We both agree there is something wrong.

·
Registered
308 Posts
hock, ill also make a video.
its very anoying so i use 1-2-3 gears until 60 ish
i dont hold the truck at 55 in 3rd i floor it on 1-2-3 then cruise d

·
Registered
308 Posts
and this gives me more proof that manual trans is better.
bc in man trans you drive in the gear you want when you want for as long as you want.

61 - 80 of 119 Posts