F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have a 2010 with a 5.4 with Flowmaster cai, jba shorty headers, flowmaster super 44. I have a SCT 7015 tuner that I mess around with. Seems like since I started changing out stuff, I fall flat up to about 2k rpms, then power just hits. With my setup, would a custom tune make a difference, or is the tuner I have not even the right one? When I called sct, they said they couldn’t help me because technically, my tuner was for a 5.4 f150 and not a raptor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check out 5startuning they’ll email you a tune to put on the sct
That’s what I did. I contacted them and talked for a bit and figured out what I wanted, so I ordered a couple tunes. Didn’t realize the bolt ons would make so much of a difference....

·
2,643 Posts
Hey Welcome to the forum good to have you with us. After you install your new tune run it for a couple days and take note of your shift points and related. If you have any issues they can tweak the tune to your style of driving. If you wanted to you could get 3 different tunes one for around town one for highway and one for racing. I personally use one tune. Good luck with your Raptor let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input.. I’m currently running the 89 perf going in I believe the 3rd day. It’s like driving a completely different truck. I’ll probably give it another couple days then swap over to the 89 economy and see how that goes

·
Registered
153 Posts
i didnt know the 5.4 in the raptor was different from the 5.4 f150 for the same year...=)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i didnt know the 5.4 in the raptor was different from the 5.4 f150 for the same year...=)
lol, me either. But they told me configurations are different for the Raptor. 🤷🏼‍♂️ I ended up getting a few tunes from 5Star

1 - 7 of 7 Posts