F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone getting a 7 / 100,000 mile warranty. Would you if you could get them to throw one in for cost? I think I will. I was told you can get some back if you dont sell it with car--- and It may help sell it.

Oh...and another thing...am I crazy but I wanted the the 5.4 BECAUSE of gas price and milage. You know that stuff will go back to $4 before to long

·
Registered
290 Posts
I did not get the extended warranty, always seems to cost so much and I have never had any failures between 60k and 100k anyway. If you think you may have problems, and the price is right, then go for it. Just a game of how much risk you can live with.

No you are not crazy. I sat on the fence between 6.2 and 5.4 for a long time, but in the end I think the 5.4 is the better engine for me. Actually I was convinced I wanted the 6.2 (you know, bigger must be better right?) but many other things swayed me back to the 5.4. I am very happy I did:) Better fuel economy, more parts available right away, got it about a year sooner, better tq per liter, cheaper. I had planned to S/C either engine so power level was a moot point for me too. I am quite happy with it stock but we shall see what becomes available and if I decide to do anything to it now.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I also got the 5.4 with my raptor its just more economical for me with having a business. Also the price is just to steep for me too justify buying the raptor up here in Canada it will be 60K for a raptor with a 6.2 just not worth it for me. This truck is all about suspension and handling not how fast it can get to 60mph in my eyes if you really want that buy a fast car. Hey thats just my 2 cents to each there own.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts