F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to upload GPS tracks & waypoints into the factory installed navigation system? I'm considering getting the navigation system but it's probably not worth it if when I'm pre-running I have to have a separate GPS device with the race course uploaded into it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was shaking my new Raptor down this past weekend (at least that is how I explained it to my wife) before we head to Mesquite for the BITD prerun this coming weekend. I was playing with the Navigation in the truck. I see where it will lay down "Breadcrumbs", but as far as being functional for marking the course, I just don't see it. We will be plugging our Lowrance into the cigarette lighter and using it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was shaking my new Raptor down this past weekend (at least that is how I explained it to my wife) before we head to Mesquite for the BITD prerun this coming weekend. I was playing with the Navigation in the truck. I see where it will lay down "Breadcrumbs", but as far as being functional for marking the course, I just don't see it. We will be plugging our Lowrance into the cigarette lighter and using it.
If it doesn't record track or waypoints that's not a deal breaker. I'm most concerned about being able to load the BITD or SCORE GPS downloads into it so I can pre-run with the course in the GPS or so if I'm using it as a chase truck I know where the course is etc.

You'd think by now someone would have hacked this one and figured out a way.

All the traffic, DVD and weather things look cool, but not worth it if I just have to use a separate GPS for races and pre-running. Might as well do a good aftermarket install of a Lowrance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts