F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2013 6.2 Raptor has had this issue since new. Now has 30,000 miles and it’s still the same. It sounds like noisy lifters on startup. It goes away quickly enough. And it’s NOT on every startup. I’ve tried different things to duplicate it for the dealer. To include…
1. Leave it at for Ford Dealer for 2 days to see if the technician could hear it on startup. Technicians “Cannot hear it.”
I’ve visited the Dealership three times over a year for the same issue and still not resolved.
2. I parked the truck on a hill; both uphill and downhill. No change.
3. I’ve parked it hot and left it sit and occasionally it would do the same thing after sitting for a while as when cold.
4. Changed oil and filter at 2500 mile interval. Used only the prescribed Motorcraft FL820S oil filter. Still no change.

Is there a past thread posted relative to this issue that someone can point me to ?
Or are there any other owners with the same issue who have resolved this. I’m really stumped. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My 2013 6.2 Raptor has had this issue since new. Now has 30,000 miles and it’s still the same. It sounds like noisy lifters on startup. It goes away quickly enough. And it’s NOT on every startup. I’ve tried different things to duplicate it for the dealer. To include…
1. Leave it at for Ford Dealer for 2 days to see if the technician could hear it on startup. Technicians “Cannot hear it.”
I’ve visited the Dealership three times over a year for the same issue and still not resolved.
2. I parked the truck on a hill; both uphill and downhill. No change.
3. I’ve parked it hot and left it sit and occasionally it would do the same thing after sitting for a while as when cold.
4. Changed oil and filter at 2500 mile interval. Used only the prescribed Motorcraft FL820S oil filter. Still no change.

Is there a past thread posted relative to this issue that someone can point me to ?
Or are there any other owners with the same issue who have resolved this. I’m really stumped. Any help would be appreciated.
My '14 sometimes gives a brief grind noise after start up. Been doing it since 20K. Now 40K. I've found if I turn off the HVAC system it doesn't do it. After strart up a minute later I can turn the HVAC system on without the noise.
Ford Raptor 2014 Cold Startup Noise - YouTube

1 - 2 of 2 Posts