Waiting On Delivery

Discussion in 'Newbie Check In!' started by DClark, Jan 22, 2017.

1. DClark

DClark New Member

Vehicle?:
    2017 Raptor
    Color?:
    Ruby Red
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    Hello all,

Trading in my pride and joy, 2013 F-150 Lariat fully loaded, for a new 2017 Ruby Red Raptor. I've had black trucks, white, gray, and figured it was time for something with more "pop". I opted for the 801a package because I was really only interested in the leather seats but the few other things the 801a offered is an added bonus I guess. I can do without the moon roof and all of the extra techie stuff. Being told by my dealer it's due to arrive the second week of February.

Buying this sight unseen, any other 801a package owners that have taken delivery that can post some interior pics?

Looking forward to uploading some images as soon as it arrives! Sounds like people that have gotten them already are impressed with it!

Thanks!

2. dk1677

dk1677 Well-Known Member Moderator

Vehicle?:
    GTO
    Color?:
    Red
    Engine:
    GEN1 6.2L
    Welcome to the forum!

3. Big Bill

Big Bill Active Member Moderator Site Supporter Level 5

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    2013 Whipple Raptor700+HP
    Color?:
    Red
    Engine:
    GEN1 6.2L
    Welcome to the zzz. If you haven't driven a Raptor yet you are in for a treat. Good luck with your order hope you get it soon. Looking forward to seeing you around the forum.

4. DClark

DClark New Member

Vehicle?:
    2017 Raptor
    Color?:
    Ruby Red
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    No, I have never driven a Raptor. I looked at them in 2013 when I bought my 150 but gas was hovering around 3.59+/gallon and I was drawn to the new eco boost for the mileage/cost to operate. I think back in 2013, raptors were rated at 12/15 mpg? When I saw that new Gen2 eco boost Raptor coming in around 450hp, I couldn't stand it and decided what the heck! And ordered one.

I can't wait to see how the new Gen2 engine runs and sounds, a sports car in a truck...it's going to be awesome.

5. JAMES A DAVIS

JAMES A DAVIS Member

Vehicle?:
    2017 FORD RAPTOR S-CREW
    Color?:
    Avalanche
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    Hey DC..........

Welcome to the forum!

You will become a SPEED ADDICT once you unleash those ponies and let that SPORT TRUCK go BALLZ-OUT on or off the road.

I've gotta a feelin that Barney and his LEO boys are gonna start taken second looks when they see one of these things jammin down the road, kinda like how they just love harassing Harleys and Corvettes.

I'm still baby sitting mine, gonna put at least 500 miles on her till I go pedal-to-the-metal, 312 miles on her as of today. I'm keeping her in the Sport Mode and still averaging 13 mpg as per the inst panel computer.

JJ

6. DClark

DClark New Member

Vehicle?:
    2017 Raptor
    Color?:
    Ruby Red
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    I've already gotten the "wife lecture" and I don't even have it yet. Of course, I think I've told her as much as I know about this new truck...the HP numbers, the Torque numbers and lately I've been telling her it has a "Performance Steering Wheel". For some reason, she doesn't seem all that interested. :)

I'm just hoping the delivery date of second week in February doesn't change, at this point I'm ready to fly out to Dearborn Michigan and drive it home. :)

Big Bill likes this.
  7. mustangbesos

mustangbesos Well-Known Member

Vehicle?:
    2010 Ford Raptor
    Color?:
    Tuxedo Black
    Engine:
    GEN1 6.2L
    Congrats on the order, haven't seen too many red ones, everybody is buying avalanche grey, please post pics of yours when you get it!

8. JAMES A DAVIS

JAMES A DAVIS Member

Vehicle?:
    2017 FORD RAPTOR S-CREW
    Color?:
    Avalanche
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    Here's a good one fer ya.............

My wife took a phone call yesterday from a dealer in Southern California that want's to buy our 2017 Avalanche Raptor. Hi said he will give us eighty grand for it and has a customer sitting there with him. She asked him how he got our phone number, hey says from our dealer here in Yuma!

Well, she said stuff it!

I told her if he calls back that we should take ninety thousand for it, as we can probably survive another five or six months without one as we made it through the last five months without one.

JJ

mustangbesos likes this.
  9. mustangbesos

mustangbesos Well-Known Member

Vehicle?:
    2010 Ford Raptor
    Color?:
    Tuxedo Black
    Engine:
    GEN1 6.2L
    They may actually call back, lmao

10. GT

GT Active Member

Media:
    Welcome to the club! Keep us in the loop man! Congrats!

11. DClark

DClark New Member

Vehicle?:
    2017 Raptor
    Color?:
    Ruby Red
    Engine:
    GEN2 3.5L-TT H/O
    Finally! After a long 3 month wait, built on 1/15, I picked up my new Raptor today. 2017 Ruby Red, 801A, SCAB, and yes, it is everything I hoped it would be, and that's after putting only 57 miles on it so far. Had a bit of a d lay in getting to me. Dealer "lost" it on the tracker and it just showed up there yesterday.

What I noticed when I first saw it in person, it's bigger, wider, sits higher, than I thought. The "cockpit" was, in a word, incredible. Seats are awesome, very comfortable, plush, and just awesome. The back, for an scab, seems to have a little more room than my 2013 F150 had, at least that's what my 12 yr old son says. The dash is great, love the red accents on the gauges vs the blue. The touch screen is nice, I really like the updates they did and being a "techie" guy, like the various options. I like that they made the fan a dial again! Instead of buttons. Still wish you could adjust that from the steering wheel though.

Overall, initial impressions of the engine is awesome. Shifts smooth, seems to hit 9th or 10th gear quickly keeping RPMs down. When you gas it, drops gears quickly and smooth and definitely has some get up and go. I don't mind the sound at all, still has that mean sound to it, but this being my first Raptor, don't have anything to really compare it to. Only played a little with Sport mode but even in normal mode, has plenty, and I mean plenty of get up and go. I'm not so sure of the feature that turns the engine off whe. You come to a stop and fires back up when you take your foot off the brake. That wasn't something I read about so it was new to me.

I'll post some pics soon. It's a beast, love the looks, so now I understand what all the hype was about.