F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So transfer case went out on me and axel shaft split. Had Ford road side assistance pick it up. Sat at the Wharton Texas ford dealership for two weeks got a call today and said will not be covered buy warranty because I have 20” rims? And 37” tire.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's a 2019 still under warranty. The truck is built and tuned to run under the parameters in which you purchased it. Upgrades including 37s and "20's" change your rolling radius. Make it gangster but after your warranty is expired.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So transfer case went out on me and axel shaft split. Had Ford road side assistance pick it up. Sat at the Wharton Texas ford dealership for two weeks got a call today and said will not be covered buy warranty because I have 20” rims? And 37” tire.
FLeeDog,good info to know.I'm thinking of putting 37'' tires on my 18 raptor I have a 2 1/2'' lift kit already was going to use factory wheels.was wondering do you do a lot of off roading.Idon't off road at all.did dealer tell you what the actual cause of failure was.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. I would call Hennessy in Texas. They run 37 inch on 20 s all day long. They also put an excessive amount of punishment on it. The guys there might have an upgrade for you. It’s worth calling them as apparently the jerks at the dealership won’t ever deliver proper customer service. Don’t feel bad it seems to be every service dept is the same. The dealership is so pleasant at the sales end but once you enter the service dept you become the dealership enemy. Doesn’t matter that you spent 100,000 to them. Crazy huh. My dealership has been trying to get me to trade my 18 screw 802 a in for a 2020. No way. 3 years old in 10 days. I’m keeping it!!!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Best thing to do is get yourself a nice set of methods. Best is 17x9. 0 offset. 35x12.5. I’ve been hammering mine for 69,250. No issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree with Rapdav18. I have had my Gen 1 since new in 2010. I run Fuel 17" wheels because that is what the truck is designed. Plus you pay a huge premium for rubber with a 20" hole. My truck runs full SVC race suspension, King shocks & bumps, deavers, etc. etc. I had a front axle boot failure finally at 86K. They will fail because of the materials used in the boot. SDHQ makes a better boot kit to solve this issue. I just replaced both shafts with Yukon Gear units and RCV IWE eliminators and it is a beast now, but I don't drive it daily because the mileage is terrible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts