F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what does Ford say about our Modifications...does it void our present warrantys?? I am considering a performance chip, K& N filter, and diff exhaust--thanks for the help

·
Registered
437 Posts
Really depends on the dealer and your relationship with them. Some could care less, while others will give you crap for something simple like an intake. If something breaks, they have to attribute it to the modification as the reason for the break. Like I said, depends on dealer and how nit picky they are....

·
Registered
13 Posts
My dealership told me that any bolt on parts cannot void my warranty. some law came out a few years back stating it. not sure what the name of it is. I'm sure with a little research you can find out.

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
I've done lots of mods on mine, but no tune, never had a problem with warranty. My dealer said not to install a tune, but others on here have had no problem from their dealers. Ask your dealer and see what they say.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I actually have a SCT programmer with a custom dyno tune and told the dealer and they don't have a problem with it and they told me it will not void warranty.. I have also had it in since to have a lot of warranty work done and not a single problem..
I in all honesty think it just depends on the dealership. I have a really good relationship with my dealership.. Me my brother and my parents have bought several vehicles from them in the past..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts