F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've replaced the door speakers in my raptor and when I took the door panel off I noticed there was quite a bit of moisture inside the door (between the inner door frame that the door panel bolts to and the outer panel) I cleaned it off and dynamatted where needed, then installed my aftermarket speakers. I had to take the panels off again to relocate the crossovers and I noticed one of the speaker terminals was rusty!!!

Seems to me that there shouldnt be that amount of water in there, even if it can run out the bottom and drain. Whether they're factory or aftermarket speakers in there, its only a matter of time before they short out and or get soggy.

Any thoughts?

I solved the problem by using those speaker baffles that look like a cup. They'll work but WTF Ford?

·
Registered
208 Posts
i had my door panel off a few months ago on my o5 and there was no moisture in there it still looked perty good no rusty speakers lol did the have that layer of plastic in there ?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had an 04 f150 before this and over a period of 3 years had about 3 or 4 different sets of door speakers in there and NEVER noticed moisture! So I know what ya mean. There was crap sound deadening stuff on the outside of the inner panel (against where the door panel goes on) like any other vehicle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts