F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm impressed. Things that make you cringe just aren't that big of a deal. You can cover ground SO much faster in a Raptor. Even the purpose built hard cores out there had to crawl their way down the trail. Not so with the Raptor. On some sections, you might not be flying, but you can definitely go so much faster. On other sections, you can truly fly. It's a time machine. If you get going too fast, just jamb on the brakes, let off to let the whoop or berm slide under you. Very very cool. It ended up being a LOT more fun than I thought it'd be. My buddy thought so too. I even got the Raptor up to 80mph offroad. Funny thing, an H3, what I got rid of, was out there. He was beboppin' down the alluvial plain doin' ok but here's the thing, he's just idling along with never a hope of doing any speed. We just blitzed on down the trail, most of the time doing 15-20mph whoops or no whoops. Having the locker on in 4hi is simply a blast, makes the Raptor a point and shoot driver. Oh, by the way, the hill descent mode works like a charm. My buddy simply couldn't believe it. I zipped up a dune, turned around and let the truck walk right back down in slo-mo. I did play really hard, just to see what it's all about. The rattling was from the junk I piled into the door panels and such. Heck, I was even doing a high speed drift and stuffed it over a pretty good sized mogul. My buddy thought for sure we were going to start barrel rolling, no such thing. People watching us thought we'd lost our minds.

The door handles hold a lot of mud, as do the mirrors. There's mud up inside the door panels. I had it on the roof, all in the bed, even on the front windshield! I have a couple of boring videos, but they're too large to post on imageevent.

All I, and he, could say, was wow. Thanks Ford!!!!
A few pics of the Raptor with the glacier in the background.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
AWESOME, AWESOME pics!!! Glad to hear you had a great time and it handled everything you could throw at it!

·
Registered
957 Posts
Great photos! To think I gave up my dream to live in Alaska because of a woman! #%$*&$#!! "Sorry Honeybuns, I'll be right there!" #%$*&*@!!!
Reddog...

·
Registered
84 Posts
It may just be me but I'm not sure I like the big a$$ antenna. I might have to opt for a stubby. I'll have to start a poll...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Glad it handled it all!!!!!

That's so awesome. Take that Chevy & Dodge. I've had a 97' F150 FX4 and still have a 03' Crew Cab, dually 6.0 diesel with full Banks kit. I love it. Crank it to 5 or 6 on the 6 gun and blow the doors off the rice rockets. They wonder what passed them. This new Raptor should be so much fun. Thanks for the pics. What state are you in??? :smileup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts