F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not too thrilled with the Raptor color selections....will more follow with the BOSS motor option? Does the (orange) lava look sic in person?
GLAD-2-B-Here!

·
Registered
187 Posts
BLUE

dly

Reactions: LYC79

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'll second the Orange! But i don't have one to show off :(

The blue looks great in the pictures though...i'll have to admit!

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Nobody said white yet ??? WHITE! :smileup:
Welcome to the ForumZ Family SOON2BRAPTOR , glad you joined us. What color rocks for you ?

And @ NCdiver cool pic!
:)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Personally I have no idea which is better. I have always thought that I was going to get blue, but after seeing how black looks in person it is really making a decision tough on me. Not only that, but Orange is making me think about it some more. I like the idea of having Orange with the black graphics package, hood/side vents, tires, etc. with a Orange and black interior, which I can't seem to get with the other colors. I would get white if it was my only option, but since my order would have a choice, I would have a very tough time deciding between blue, black, and orange.

·
Registered
433 Posts
White is the bomb

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm a little torn:

Black: UGH! No more black vehicles for me. When black is clean it rules, when it is not clean, it stinks.

White: Is nice, but the little spots that color gets are a pain to clean.

Orange: Have not seen one in the daylight yet but it seems to be a little too much "Look At Me" (I'm too old for that)

Blue: Darn near matches my '70 Camaro...

Hmmm... All are strong options with none being "wrong".

Anyway, it does not matter for me until at least January when the 6.2's show up in the truck...

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I'm a little torn:

Black: UGH! No more black vehicles for me. When black is clean it rules, when it is not clean, it stinks.

White: Is nice, but the little spots that color gets are a pain to clean.

Orange: Have not seen one in the daylight yet but it seems to be a little too much "Look At Me" (I'm too old for that)

Blue: Darn near matches my '70 Camaro...

Hmmm... All are strong options with none being "wrong".

Anyway, it does not matter for me until at least January when the 6.2's show up in the truck...
I tried to take some images of the mine in the sun a couple of days ago. Follow this link to check it out: http://www.raptorforumz.com/showthread.php?t=800http://www.raptorforumz.com/showthread.php?t=800

It may be a little loud, "look at me" but why not? Be proud of what you own. You already have a "look at me" ride, the '70 Camaro.

However I agree about the black (used to be my favorite color until I found better things to do than wash and detail my vehicles every 1-2 weeks).

Good luck on your decision.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I personally would like to see more color options. The orange is definitely eye catching, the white is crisp and clean, the blue is outstanding and the black is just mean looking but I think a royal red or dark blue or some kind of forest or hunter green would be a good look too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Started with white, but going to change to Tuxedo Black. (hoping that the metallic content in the paint, will be more forgiving than traditional black)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Raptor Colors

I was also concerned about the black - as I have owned three black Suburbans - I know what it takes to clean - and keep a black truck clean.

But the gift that Ford gives with the Raptor's paint is the metallic in the paint (I don't know if the white or blue has it) - but the orange and the black have it and it really makes a difference.. You get a better sense of the shape and styling lines on the truck. And... the black has a graphite look to it - much easier to maintain!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
In my opinion it's between the orange and the blue. Both look great , but I think the blue would be the one i'ed like in the long run and the orange in the beginning might be great, but it might get old soon after.........

·
Registered
145 Posts
I think if you go orange, you have to go with the graphic's package. White and black look good without the package. I like the blue ok, but I'm not feeling it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Deliver to me a white one with an interior with the orange inserts and top it off with the 6.2 engine and hey I am in heaven.
Not only do you have to wait for the 6.2, but the white does not have the orange trimmed interior. That is only an option on the orange and black ones.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Now I have seen orange in-person and in the light of day.

Excellent, beautiful color!

Dealer markup was $2K, no 6.2 and was not optioned out my way... have a nice day...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts