F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the deal, I am looking for some headers for my raptor but I don't know who to go with. Here is what I am looking for. I know for a fact that I want long tube headers. I want something that will give my truck some good added power without stressing the engine too much, however I don't want my truck being obnoxiously loud. Some say no cats because it helps with power and others say go the high flow cats route. What's you guys opinion? Is it really that much of a power difference between no cats and high flow? Also, I don't really know too much when it comes to the differences in x-pipes, y-pipes, and H-pipes. How do they work, and which is the best to use for what I am looking for. A little background on the truck, I am about to install an SCT livewire tuner on the truck that comes with 87 eco tune, 93 towing tune, and a 93 performance tune. Going to keep the tuner on 87 eco the majority of the time so I don't stress the engine too much, as it is a daily driver. I am also running Volant CAI and 35" Nitto Terragrapplers. I understand for the headers to work correct I need to take into effect the headers when ordering the custom tune. However as of right now I am just simply looking and researching my options on the headers so that I am prepared when the time comes to buy them. So as of now the tune will only take into effect the performance mods I have at the moment. When the time comes for headers I will have another tune tested and sent to me through 5 star. So, looking for brand, no cats or high flow cats, and the difference in the x-pipe, y-pipe, and h-pipe, as well as which is best. Any help/input would be appreciated. Still trying to learn my way around the truck so please be easy on me for not knowing about all this stuff.

·
2,601 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts