F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Firstly, it's WIDE. If you're urban, and they're painting the spots narrow, get used to walking. It's worth it.

Secondly, get used to guys pulling up to you givin' your rig the once over and a thumbs up or the nod. Get used to guys stopping you in the parking lot to talk about it.

Work on your grin muscles so that you don't get cramps when you get your Raptor.

·
Registered
101 Posts
First off, thank you for considering American goods. I think you will find that once you go to a full-sized truck, you'll wonder how you ever got along without it...you'll never go back. There is no comparison between the two...the Raptor is a REAL truck. "Built Ford Tough" is not just a slogan. I'm 5'4" and I truly wonder how 6' guys get along with a mini-truck.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
The Raptor is wide as Huck stated when compared to Nissans or Toyotas.

That being said, it is still a very agile truck given it's size.

I traded in an '07 Tacoma Double Cab and found that the Raptor has near the same interior legroom even though there are not 4 real doors.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Tolbert,
The sky's going to open up and the sun's going to shine on your parade and then a loud voice is going to ask you why you've been burning 'rice' all these years! HA!
You're going to like it, friend.
Reddog...

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"The sky's going to open up and the sun's going to shine on your parade"..i did order the moon roof Ha Ha. YEaaaaaah, "yall" are gettin my psyched

·
Registered
142 Posts
I also had a Tacoma (2006 TRD Double-Cab) and am having quite a bit of trouble getting used to the over-all size of the Raptor. I'm actually having second thoughts of whether I did the right thing by selling the Tacoma and buying the Raptor. I was very happy with the Taco but wanted to try something "different".

I've only put 200 miles on my Molten Orange Raptor but might actually think about selling it. I know I'd take a huge bath on the deal but someone here in AZ might be able to get a good deal on it. In AZ you don't have to pay any sales tax on a "used" car/truck. If I could get $37,500 for it I might let it go... My window sticker was about $39,900.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Give it some more time. My Tacoma was smaller than the Raptor (by exterior dimensions and some interior), as is my 91 Landcruiser, but I still feel at home in the Raptor, which is my first full-size truck. Parking can be a pain at times but typically it is not a problem.

But if you want to sell your Raptor it is obviously your decision. If it is something you are serious about I would suggest you put it in the Raptors For Sale section of the forum.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I just traded in my 07 Chevy Silverado Ext cab Z71 for the Raptor. The Raptor is much easier to park, turn radius is better in the Raptor and the leg room in the back looks and feels just a hair bigger in the Raptor.

The Silverado was my 1st full size pickup and I fell in love with it compared to what I had driven in the past. One thing you notice a difference in is the height compared to the compact trucks. I drive a car for work and every day I get back to the office and jump back into my truck it feels like night and day.

·
Registered
957 Posts
DesertRat,
I can understand your pain and your having after-thoughts. A lot of Raptors are being bought unseen and without test drives. This is also the first truck I've purchased without at least sitting in it, but I've had plenty of other F150's and I'm banking on that experience to welcome this beast. I hope you solve your delemma without it costing you too much. Trust me, you aren't going to be alone. Learn from the experience and move on, Buddy. I don't think you'll have much trouble selling it. Good luck!
Reddog...

·
Registered
142 Posts
DesertRat,
I can understand your pain and your having after-thoughts. A lot of Raptors are being bought unseen and without test drives. This is also the first truck I've purchased without at least sitting in it, but I've had plenty of other F150's and I'm banking on that experience to welcome this beast. I hope you solve your delemma without it costing you too much. Trust me, you aren't going to be alone. Learn from the experience and move on, Buddy. I don't think you'll have much trouble selling it. Good luck!
Reddog...
Thanks Reddog,

I'm meeting with my dealership manager this afternoon to discuss some "possibilities" as he put it. If he gives me some reasonable options then I might trade it towards another vehicle on the lot (it's a multi-brand dealership). If things don't work out there I might try and sell it outright or even live with it for a while and see if I can get used to it.

Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic truck...just maybe not the right one for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts